Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

As I understand, no serious interest from Arsenal. They were linked maybe a few months back so they are mentioned in the articles on that basis. The issue has always been Lyon and the player's oreference for them.

Yep, can't see why Arsenal would be interested when they have Monreal (who actually had a brilliant second half of the season) and Kieron Gibbs.

The Sun who've been strong on this story said today we've agreed a 7m fee anyway so up to convince the player now.

starting for Nice today in a friendly. So presumably not close........

Thats dissapointing.  This is one signing i'd really like to see us make this summer.

yeah me too. 8 man of the match performances from left back speaks volumes of his play. No matter the league.. to be the best player from left back in 1/4 of the games is amazing.

still not off i guess but its a shame as it appears its not close otherwise he would have been left out. 

I think that Chery lad is currently playing too.

starting for Nice today in a friendly. So presumably not close........

Thats dissapointing.  This is one signing i'd really like to see us make this summer.

yeah me too. 8 man of the match performances from left back speaks volumes of his play. No matter the league.. to be the best player from left back in 1/4 of the games is amazing.

still not off i guess but its a shame as it appears its not close otherwise he would have been left out. 

I think that Chery lad is currently playing too.

Pretty sure Groningen's preseason slate doesn't start until next week with Saints.

I don't think anyone will sign while we are in Portugal. Gueye being the exception since it was pretty much done before Tim left

Given how we're set up to sign players (i.e. we basically have a transfer committee rather than just Tim doing it), I seriously doubt this is the case.  

As I understand, no serious interest from Arsenal. They were linked maybe a few months back so they are mentioned in the articles on that basis. The issue has always been Lyon and the player's oreference for them.

Yep, can't see why Arsenal would be interested when they have Monreal (who actually had a brilliant second half of the season) and Kieron Gibbs.

The Sun who've been strong on this story said today we've agreed a 7m fee anyway so up to convince the player now.

The fecking Sun. So probably not even bid for him. I'm surprised Nice played him if they accepted a bid from us. This deal is away off, if there was even any truth in it in the first place imo

I don't think anyone will sign while we are in Portugal. Gueye being the exception since it was pretty much done before Tim left

Given how we're set up to sign players (i.e. we basically have a transfer committee rather than just Tim doing it), I seriously doubt this is the case.

We will find out soon

The fecking Sun. So probably not even bid for him. I'm surprised Nice played him if they accepted a bid from us. This deal is away off, if there was even any truth in it in the first place imo

The Sun aren't too bad with our transfer rumours in fairness, they've broken a few of our stories (Vlaar, Tonev) in recent seasons and Alan Nixon has his contacts in the game.

I believe the two clubs are agreeing stuff but the question mark is how keen is the player, I don't think he's in a rush to sign for us put it that way.

The Sun aren't too bad with our transfer rumours in fairness, they've broken a few of our stories (Vlaar, Tonev) in recent seasons and Alan Nixon has his contacts in the game.

I believe the two clubs are agreeing stuff but the question mark is how keen is the player, I don't think he's in a rush to sign for us put it that way.

Alan Nixon not the mirror?

Nixon was at the Mirror for years but now writes for the Sun, think he's moved there in the last 6 months.

It actually amuses the press criticising players for more money and yet the top Journos regularly move between papers for more money. It's life.

Edited by VillaChris

Â