Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Hopefully he can be persuaded and will be worth the £8/9m as he is one who will have resale value you would think; to make a quick profit should the likes of Arsenal take him off us in 12/24 months time.

That is if hopefully the people that draw up the contracts behind the scenes have learned how to insert a clause to benefit the club this time

I'm very naive about such matters, as I'm sure many others necessarily are, but how exactly would one approach a player (and his represenatives) with this 'Stepping Stone' argument?  Would this be implied or stated outright?  Would it be reduced to technical contractual details or discussed openly?

I'm genuinely super-curious.  Anyone have any ideas or insight?

I would hope we would not use that possibility openly during any transfer talks. It could be that the agent and player would already have worked that out.

I would like to think that Tim would offer him the opportunity to increase his present salary, play in the PL and to do so with a massive team that he is in the process of building into a top six club.

Yeah, I'm sure you're quite correct.  The whole situation seems a little farcical.  Big smelly elephants in the room.  I know it's bad for the soul but I can't help but be ultra cynical about the ultra cynical world of football.  Saves time if nothing else.

Jesus, my **** soul!

• Like 1

It's the Nixon stuff that's keeping this afloat, doesn't seem to be anywhere else other than negative views.

Don't want another disinterested, demotivated squad player, specially at £9m!

I get where you are coming from, but I also remember a certain Christian Benteke saying something along the lines of "I am not afraid of upsetting anyone at Aston Villa by saying I love Arsenal, when I was coming to Villa I thought they were a London Club!". Didn't work out too badly, if they are good enough, even if they want to go badly enough, they will put themselves in the shop window, win, win. Furthermore if we perform well enough and they develop a comradery and affinity for the club over time it could work.

• Like 1

For all we know its done and were just waiting to sell benteke. Although as a young bloke I don't blame him wanting to stay in his country and play champions league

If we are waiting for the Benteke cash to do the deal:

We may not get it. .

There is no takeover pending.

Our transfer budget in this window is as low as we have come to expect of late.  

We need a left back , if this wasn't happening we'd have moved to a new target by now

we may have lined up a new target already, just the press haven't found out.

it is funny how one link will get requoted and recycled over and over, there's still articles about Delph joining City coming out now, the press even quote twitter.

I get the feeling that we've moved on from Praet, Boielsen and Cherry weeks ago, but until other rumours come out or bullsh*t as i like to call it, the same stuff just gets churned out by the media.

Obviously one man and one man alone on twatter is keeping the Amavi going, there's been articles since day 1 saying he doesn't want to come.

As said before, I'll be dumbfounded if this happens. I just can't see why he'd join, and, going off the media, I think were he of a mind to join he'd be here now.

I'll be shocked if he's in our team next season, shocked.

We need a LB, true. I suspect we're already talking to them and Amavi is a distant memory.

Edited by Chindie

We need a left back , if this wasn't happening we'd have moved to a new target by now

Surely if this was happening he would have joined by now?

Could be all sorts of genuine and reasonable reasons why there would be a delay.  Just saying I'm still positive about this one

Aston Villa are closing in on a £9million move for Jordan Amavi.

A fee has been agreed with Nice for the 21-year-old left-back and personal terms will not pose any problems.

The sticking point could be whether Amavi fancies a move to England ahead of other options in France, with Lyon thought to be interested, too.

In the coming days he will make his decision and Villa remain confident of landing their man.

Boss Tim Sherwood wants a dynamic player to fill the role that has posed problems for Villa in recent years.

Joe Bennett, who hasn’t travelled out to Portugal because he’s carrying a calf injury, has impressed the gaffer and will also have a chance to start next season.

Sherwood wants new faces, though, and has explained what type of player he is looking at.

“It’s important that we bring in new players with a winning mentality so that we can move forward next season,” he said here in the Algarve.

“Micah Richards is a proven winner, Idrissa Gueye has won more games than he has lost during his time at Lille, and that’s the type of player I’m looking for.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news---9655734

Â