Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

15 hours ago, Kingman said:

Went for £29m today, Wonder if we has any sell on %? 

Xia apparently sold all our sell on clauses so I doubt we're seeing anything.

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He is a Muslim isnt he?

(if so the story makes sense - in terms of his personal reasoning).

note: before anyone screams, im not saying he is wrong or right, or it is wrong or right, i am merely stating it may be a reason for his personal decision, depending on his take, on his own faith, if that is the reason at all.

He has a weird thing about the word 'gay' too. He was angry when people were calling him 'Gay' (Gueye) and not 'Gana'.

Think he's got something to hide with that sort of projection.

What’s being Muslim got to do with not wearing a kit with a rainbow logo on or playing in a match to support lgbtq+ ? I thought it was a peace loving religion? 

There’s plenty of Christian’s who oppose LGBTQ+ rights. Not sure we should be so quick to jump on Islam for being the cause here. 

The cause is Idriss Gueye, whatever his justification

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s plenty of Christian’s who oppose LGBTQ+ rights. Not sure we should be so quick to jump on Islam for being the cause here. 

Tbf I think any religious excuse would be jumped on regardless of the religion.

He happily wears alcohol and betting sponsors, which (so far as I am aware) would also fall within the realms of being unacceptable to his religion.

Edit: actually not going to get into the wonderful world of religion. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s his chosen religion. If he has used his religion as his reasoning then it’s pathetic. If he was Christian I would have lambasted Christianity instead. 

If it’s him being prejudiced and not because of religious reasons then he should be fined for those opinions and made to go on a course imo. 

He should be fined anyway for refusing to play whether it’s his backwards opinions on lgbtq+ people or because of religious excuses.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s his chosen religion. If he has used his religion as his reasoning then it’s pathetic. If he was Christian I would have lambasted Christianity instead. 

If it’s him being prejudiced and not because of religious reasons then he should be fined for those opinions and made to go on a course imo. 

He should be fined anyway for refusing to play whether it’s his backwards opinions on lgbtq+ people or because of religious excuses.

I think PSG might have to discipline him, Qatar is already facing some issues about how LGBTQ people will be accepted at the World Cup

I have seen some comments that it was personal reasons as well why he didnt play. I am willing to let him explain himself first just in case has been a misunderstanding

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think PSG might have to discipline him, Qatar is already facing some issues about how LGBTQ people will be accepted at the World Cup

I have seen some comments that it was personal reasons as well why he didnt play. I am willing to let him explain himself first just in case has been a misunderstanding

He didn't know the rainbow was pro-LGBTQ. 

His father was killed by a rainbow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â