Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

23 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The three players we have signed want to help us sort this out, as will others who join. Gardner sounds committed, grealish is committed, ayew and amavi have committed, the young lads coming through will be looking to take their chance. There's plenty of players to get behind, using Gabby is a weak argument but I'm prepared to see If he can come back. 

What do you want me to do? Not get behind the players here? Pine for those that don't want to be here. I'm not sure what you're after. 

Your point about some players here would jump ship at the first chance is one I've agreed with. 

The three players who we've signed have signed because we're the best offer on the table. Do you think if someone like Sunderland had offered Tshibola the same money and the same playing time he'd have chosen us because he wants to help us out?

"What do you want me to do? Not get behind the players here? Pine for those that don't want to be here. I'm not sure what you're after." 

I don't want you to do anything. Do what you like. I just think you're being very naive in thinking any of our players are here because they "want to help us out". They're here because they're footballers and we're the club that's currently paying them. If Gana doesn't move he'll be just as committed next season as plenty of other squad members who we've heard nothing from this summer.
I don't think you should be casting off players as not being bothered about the club as soon as it looks like they might leave. All you're doing by doing that is casting aside the players good enough to attract those offers. The reason other players haven't made noises to leave is because they're either not good enough to attract any offers or we're paying them more than anyone else would.

Bar those with extenuating circumstances, they would all leave given a better offer.

I genuinely think the list of players who wouldn't is limited to Grealish and Amavi.

Edited by Stevo985

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

apparently West Ham have bid the same amount today so dont think it has expired

I can't work out if that's a case of Everton playing hardball over the contract and his agent being an agent leaking some bullshit West Ham link to try and get the deal he wants 

But you could say that for everyone in the world. Zlatan doesn't want to help man u win the title because if Madrid offered him a million pound a week he'd go there. Bottom line is those players have joined us to help this club recover from the mess we've become. Carles Gil and Guye have made sure they jump ship first chance. You can think I'm naive. I couldn't care less, I'm happy to get behind those that are here to help and I'm glad those that are desperate to leave have **** off. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I can't work out if that's a case of Everton playing hardball over the contract and his agent being an agent leaking some bullshit West Ham link to try and get the deal he wants 

I can't work out if I can even be bothered to try to work out what the underlying plot is.

Marseille couldnt afford Vertout wages I doubt they can afford Gana's plus he wants to stay in England , I'd imagine now his agent is trying to get Everton and Spam to compete on wages to get him

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Only one person to blame here, FOX!

Yeah those release clauses were pretty ridiculous, however as said 1. Maybe they would not have signed for us and 2. I don't think anyone envisioned us being relegated at the time. :/

• Like 1

didnt he call us a stepping stone on the day he signed?

not really bothered to be honest, he was ok off the ball bang average on it

dont know what id think if i was an everton fan, linked with a couple of £20m players and then buy him...he's not the player that will see them go up the table

Â