Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP.

I am curious to see how this page got so lost.. noone has posted in a few weeks. he must be doing well!

I think hes been our best signing so far.. i just saw a stat that he had the most interceptions/tackles in the premier league this season so far. Top effort Gana. First name on the team sheet imo.

Edited by KSV

I agree that he is certainly an improvement on what we had in midfield and in any 1st half I've seen him play he is immense. However, in the second half he tends to disappear and does not have the same impact. Once he builds up the stamina to keep that level of performance up for 90 minutes we will have one heck of a player on our hands.

Edited by Stockport_Villain

Probably MOTM for me today.

Him, Sanchez and Westwood seemed to work really well together.

Agreed. I think we have the makings of a top half midfield there. Veretout will no doubt get his chance but as things stand those three are well bedded in.

• Like 1

Gives the ball away a lot I've noticed. He's got good energy and he's certainly good enough to be starting for us, but I think there's a fair bit still to come and I'm not sure we've seen the best of him yet. 

I think 'a lot' is a bit harsh - sometimes, perhaps. Even still, his job is to tackle, intercept and keep things ticking over and I think he does all three of these things well.

Â