Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

The MOTD commentator called him Gana (his middle name and the name on his shirt) at the weekend. Is he too much of a prude to say Gueye or is this what we're calling him now?

I mean players can put basically whatever they want on their shirts now, it doesn't mean that's how they should be addressed. Kun is just Aguero's nickname but he has that on his shirt. Latin players seem to be able to go with their forenames if they like. Bryan Ruiz just had (has) Bryan I think, Gaston Ramirez is another example. Chicharito for crying out loud.

I don't see what's stopping English players from putting daft nicknames on their shirts. If a lad can put "Little Pea" on his I think it should be open season. Well, I don't want to see it happen, but I don't see how the league could justify turning down, say, Gabby Agbonlahor, if he wanted to put "Big Cabbage" on his shirt. Although I suppose they don't get many requests of that nature.

Anyway, this Gana lad. He's good, isn't he?

I think it's to do with the strained relationship that he has with his father, that's why he uses his middle name on his shirt. I read that somewhere, but could be wrong.

The MOTD commentator called him Gana (his middle name and the name on his shirt) at the weekend. Is he too much of a prude to say Gueye or is this what we're calling him now?

I mean players can put basically whatever they want on their shirts now, it doesn't mean that's how they should be addressed. Kun is just Aguero's nickname but he has that on his shirt. Latin players seem to be able to go with their forenames if they like. Bryan Ruiz just had (has) Bryan I think, Gaston Ramirez is another example. Chicharito for crying out loud.

I don't see what's stopping English players from putting daft nicknames on their shirts. If a lad can put "Little Pea" on his I think it should be open season. Well, I don't want to see it happen, but I don't see how the league could justify turning down, say, Gabby Agbonlahor, if he wanted to put "Big Cabbage" on his shirt. Although I suppose they don't get many requests of that nature.

I think it's to do with the strained relationship that he has with his father, that's why he uses his middle name on his shirt. I read that somewhere, but could be wrong.

I think that's also why Bryan Ruiz uses 'Bryan'.

Interestingly I always refrain from putting my name on my shirt because of my strained relationship with myself.

• Like 2

I think that's also why Bryan Ruiz uses 'Bryan'.

Interestingly I always refrain from putting my name on my shirt because of my strained relationship with myself.

That's the same reason you see Memphis instead of Depay on the back of his shirt. Either way Memphis just looks cooler imo.

Edited by osmark86

He was very impressive overall. Yeah he never tracked the runner for the goal but there was also a lot of fortune about the goal too. His engine was quite a surprise considering it's only his second game in English football. Miles apart from Veretout.

IMO this guy is basically our best player now. Settled in quickly and very well. 

After Amavi.

And a country mile better than the Snake,

IMO this guy is basically our best player now. Settled in quickly and very well. 

After Amavi.

And a country mile better than the Snake,

Not yet he isn't but the potential is there

• Like 1

Â