Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Thought his radar was a little off versus ManUre, but he's quickly become my favourite of the new signings despite the obvious class of Amavi and potential cult following for Gestede.

The guy is everywhere with no obvious weakness in tackling, pressing, passing, moving and even shooting. I've already forgotten who used to play in his position last season.

Fell away a bit as the game went on but IMO our man of the match. Terrific player and will benefit more with time as he adjusts and gets fitter. I'd imagine in a couple of months time he'll have the fitness and energy to play like he did in the first 30 minutes for the entire duration of a match. 

• Like 1

MOTM for us along with Amavi 

Said it in the match thread it's soo nice to have players who doesn't get panicky when they have the ball even if they are closed down

My missues watched her very first game of football last night. Walking back from the pub with me in my post loss grump she said 'the only one of your players that seemed to do anything was that little coloured chap that looks about 12, think he had number 8 on his back'

Edited by av1

My missues watched her very first game of football last night. Walking back from the pub with me in my post loss grump she said 'the only one of your players that seemed to do anything was that little coloured chap that looks about 12, think he had number 8 on his back'

'So I here you're a racist now, female partner-of-AV1'

I think he will be best midfield player in Villa shirt in last 6/7 years+ he is pure class,I might be abit over the top but really he looks pure class and in my opinion twice the player snake was!

Our team wont be as good when he is not playing this season. Going to be a key player.

This I think is very true. In a position where we have options, it's already becoming difficult to see him being left out. All credit to him.

Did he fail to pick up Januzaj for the goal; the post-match criticism seemed to fall on him.

Apart from that yeah Woo-hoo

He could have done better, but the Mata threaded ball,and Januzaj's run, is what done us.....you could say it was a combination including Richards and Clark lacking a bit of composure too.

Â