Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Senegal suffered a blow on the eve of their international friendly match against South Africa with midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye missing the side's final training session on Monday.

The Lions of Teranga meet Bafana Bafana in the Nelson Mandela Challenge at Lafarge Orlando Stadium on Tuesday evening.

http://africanfootball.com//news/565764/Gueye-blow-for-Senegal-Villa?

lets hope he hasn't actually done his hamstring

With his unassuming Senegalese-civil-servant neatness, his wiry frame and his slightly feminine gait, Idrissa is a proper Unexpected Warrior.  Any others like him?  Compare those tackle and interception stats, and the sheer ground covered, with Gana's almost bashful presence.  He's a delight.  A tough, tough delight.  Let's hope his general air of amiability magically heals his hamstring.

• Like 3

I am more confident in our depth than last season. Sanchez of this season seems alot more sturdy and has cut his mistakes out. Veretout will give us a better balance in the midfield. I personally dont like the midfield trio of Westwood Sanchez and Gueye. Just seems too defensive for mine. Against the top 4 i can understand.. but not against the likes of Sunderland.

International football is **** shit I wish it didn't exist.

Basically this. Rooting for the Swedish team is just painful these days. Waste of time really, but I'll go to the pub with my mate tonight anyways for the game. Ugh.

The Lions of Teranga meet Bafana Bafana in the Nelson Mandela Challenge at Lafarge Orlando Stadium on Tuesday evening.

http://africanfootball.com//news/565764/Gueye-blow-for-Senegal-Villa?

lets hope he hasn't actually done his hamstring

Ha! Gotta love Google Transla- oh wait.. That's not translated is it?

Well lafarge me sideways.

Â