Micah Richards

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 14:27, Jareth said:

Come on Sunderland, you have copied every mistake we have made these last 5 years, I fully expect you to sign Micah and play him at CB and then get relegated. This is so going to happen.

Pats own back

They're even thinking of giving nzombia a deal. All they ever needed to do was to look at our failings the season before and then do something else. Big Sam out to engerland and either Tim or Remi in. I can feel it in my bones.

1 hour ago, Godders said:

So, those of you convinced we wouldn't have been relegated if we moved to get big Sam in, still feel that way in light of these rumours?!

Yes

I can't see them taking Richards as a central defender. They've got a solid pairing. Its more likely to be right back, if he is attracting their interest.

On a side note-WTF pencilled in these release clauses?£5million for a player we signed on a free yet only £7million for a player we signed for £9 million.

Richards could not even get into Villas starting line up at the end of last season-Nobody is going to pay anywhere near £5 million for him. Anything, just to get him away from the place will do, even if we let him go on a free. 

So if one goes for 7 and cost 9 - Loss of 2mill

The other signed for free and goes for 5 - Profit of 5mill

Overall Profit/Loss - 3mill. Sounds like good business to me.

1 hour ago, Godders said:

So, those of you convinced we wouldn't have been relegated if we moved to get big Sam in, still feel that way in light of these rumours?!

I think it depends what point. My opinion is that he wouldn't have kept us up if he came instead of Sherwood the previous season. Although it was never going to happen If we started the season with him then yes and instead if Garde probably, yes. Although we would have had to of got rid of Sherwwod sooner wouldn't we before Alladyce went to Sunderland?

• Like 1

Â