Micah Richards

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This will be his last big pay day in England, he will either have to humble himself or move to a joke league. 

I'd agree but Allardyce put a bid in for him in January, fully expect him to put in another in the Summer

£5mil relegation release clause!!
Excellent, with that money can grab some promising players!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12184243/Micah-Richards-deal-lets-club-captain-leave-doomed-Aston-Villa-for-a-paltry-5-million.html

The Aston Villa captain, Micah Richards, can leave the club for £5 million, it has emerged. Richards has a release clause inserted into the four-year contract he signed in June and is likely to be a high-profile departure as Villa prepare for the Championship.
Villa will make many of their big earners available as they attempt to slash the wage bill and Richards is likely to emerge as a target for Premier League clubs despite a difficult first season.
Sunderland were interested in the England international in January and could revive their interest in the summer, with £5 million the price required to trigger his exit.

The 27-year-old defender was signed by Tim Sherwood on a free transfer and given the captain’s armband, but has been dropped to the bench for some games by Rémi Garde.
With Villa resigned to next season in the Championship, Richards is one player expected to leave as the club move to rebuild their squad. Joleon Lescott, a target for Los Angeles Galaxy in the last transfer window, could be another highly-paid player to go along with Adama Traoré.
Garde’s future also remains precarious and he has refused to give any assurances that he will be in charge next season, even admitting the decision may be out of his hands.

But the Telegraph understands Garde would be prepared to stay on as manager if he is given more control over transfers and can make significant changes to the squad. Sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and Paddy Riley, the head of recruitment and scouting, are both facing the sack and their departures are likely to have a big impact on Garde’s own position.
Garde clashed with both Almstadt and Riley over transfer targets in January but being given more freedom over signings could persuade him to take on the challenge of rebuilding the club.

The Frenchman walked out of his press conference with TV media on Friday after being questioned over the board’s decisions since his appointment in November.
Before leaving, he said: “Do we have to explain everything now or can we talk about the Manchester City game please? I am not responsible for everything in this club. I have got some responsibilities and they are huge but not to speak about the chief executive or chairman at this football club.”
Garde has also battled against dressing room factions, while there has been resistance to his training ground methods and post-match behaviour.

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12184243/Micah-Richards-deal-lets-club-captain-leave-doomed-Aston-Villa-for-a-paltry-5-million.html

"The Aston Villa captain, Micah Richards, can leave the club for £5 million, it has emerged. Richards has a release clause inserted into the four-year contract he signed in June and is likely to be a high-profile departure as Villa prepare for the Championship. 

Villa will make many of their big earners available as they attempt to slash the wage bill and Richards is likely to emerge as a target for Premier League clubs despite a difficult first season. 

Sunderland were interested in the England international in January and could revive their interest in the summer, with £5 million the price required to trigger his exit."

Based on his performances this season I'd take £5m for him!

Just now, Farlz said:

Fantastic news. Not long too wait now before he's gone.

yep, never gave one shit about the club!! He was finished to be fair when he went to Italy!!

Let him go to likes of Sunderland where he isn't going to go any bigger club!! would piss myself as that Kone is 10 times the player Richards is!!

26 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

"We are in this together". Good riddance  hopefully Lescott follows him.

Yep, couldn't agree more with this! Should be the first two out the door in the summer, closely followed by at least five or six others.  I still think of that Laursen and Mellberg partnership - now those two were polar opposites in every way.

• Like 1

did anyone else genuinely think he was going to be good for us? with his england and man city fames and how we managed to snap him up on a free, it seemed to be a deal of the century, but this is villa, and of course, something is always too good to be true, hes turned out awful and im more disappointed in him than angered at him.

i reckon we might struggle to off load him, however if we can get £5m for him then that needs to go on a proper right back and a proper centre back, a captain, a leader.

£5M on paper seems like a good deal.  We got him for free, it hasn't worked out, so sell for £5M.

However, the experiment of playing him CB, and all those early games trying to give him the game time to come good, is one of the factors why we let many goals in.  Confidence then dropped, leading us to losing our league status and millions of TV revenue.

This transfer isn't the only reason we're going down, but for a club who finished 1 point above the drop last time, and losing their CB and captain Vlarr, it was criminal to put all our faith in this guy.

Sunderland will be relegated as well.  So I doubt he'd end up there.   

• Like 1

Â