Micah Richards

Demitri_C

2012/13 He played 8 times for City

2013/14 He played 7 league games

2014/15 He played 7 league games (Italy)

22 games in 3 seasons and the people at Villa thought he'd be a good buy. What a bunch of jokers we have running this club. We should have just kept Senderos.

He isn't that fast, the timing of his jumps is terrible, he can't track players and he's weak.

I think he broke though at City because he was athletic - up and down the wing from right back. Typical English blood and thunder player but eventually found out and mentally weak. Please leave the day the transfer window opens.

Edited by TheAuthority
Dyslexia

Tbf, TheAuthority, many of us thought he'd be a decent signing. An English, experienced free transfer coming into his prime. It's signings like this where I do struggle to place the full blame on the club. You can see the logic behind his signing.

The main criticisms when he signed, was that he was a crock and wouldn't play enough. That turned out wrong, and the actual issue is that at centreback he plays like a fullback, and at fullback he plays like a centreback.

• Like 3

Much like Gabby he looked promising during his first few seasons simply thanks to his athleticism.

As soon as that started to go the obvious lack of actual football ability became painfully telling.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Tbf, TheAuthority, many of us thought he'd be a decent signing. An English, experienced free transfer coming into his prime. It's signings like this where I do struggle to place the full blame on the club. You can see the logic behind his signing.

The main criticisms when he signed, was that he was a crock and wouldn't play enough. That turned out wrong, and the actual issue is that at centreback he plays like a fullback, and at fullback he plays like a centreback.

You could have argued it either way at the time. His lack of game time over the previous 3 seasons was an issue for me, but then the same could be said for Martin Laursen and he gave 2/3 great years. 

His performance today prompted my vitriol to be honest. He was just awful and I don't think he'll be any use to us in the championship.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Much like Gabby he looked promising during his first few seasons simply thanks to his athleticism.

As soon as that started to go the obvious lack of actual football ability became painfully telling.

Exactly the player I'd compare him to. There's a lot of other English 'talent' like this too. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I didn't see the logic behind the signing then and I don't now. 

- Had barely for seasons.
- When fit, wasn't getting game time because he wasn't good enough defensively and has a poor attitude
- Loan team didn't even want anything to do with him 

Make him captain and give him a massive contract!

?????

Disaster. 

Whatever, I'm just repeating what I've been saying all season long anyway - only this time I'm not getting abuse for it. 

• Like 1

He looked decent in his 1st month here in fairness and has rapidly declined even more so since Garde took over. I think he could probably do a job away from the defence as he has decent footballing skills but his body does looks knackered. Rather play him right wing instead of Bacuna

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He looked decent in his 1st month here in fairness and has rapidly declined even more so since Garde took over. I think he could probably do a job away from the defence as he has decent footballing skills but his body does looks knackered. Rather play him right wing instead of Bacuna

Yeah our defence didn't look too bad in the opening few games, it was just silly little errors here and there. I wasn't concerned by Richards at all at that stage.

Then we signed and started playing Lescott and it's all fallen down like a pack of cards.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

fullback, centreback? I wish he'd sod off 'back' to where we found him.

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He didn't even look decent in the 1st month as he was getting pulled out of position all the time, I remember vs a terrible Man Utd side he let Januzaj have all the room he wanted to finish easily from a few yds out.

All he has ever done of note is dribble the ball out further and drive forward better than any of our cowering inept shite in midfield, even as a right back he never attempts to get the cross in and always checks back and passes backwards or sideways.

Not saying he didn't seem like a good signing in principle at the time, but that was based on a reputation from 5/6 years ago.

Edited by VillanousOne

out of our ex-City players in recent seasons Dunne has only one that could be classed as a success. Ireland, Given, Sinclair, Lescott and Richards have all been a waste of time or just given too long of a contract

Why would we ever deal with their former players 

• Like 1

What was he doing for that second goal? No, seriously what was going through his head when he decided to give Mirallas the width of Villa Park and only casually jogging up to him as he put in an easy cross? Why is he so lethargic at everything? I don't think his body can handle playing at this level anymore. The guy looks completely shot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What was he doing for that second goal? No, seriously what was going through his head when he decided to give Mirallas the width of Villa Park and only casually jogging up to him as he put in an easy cross? Why is he so lethargic at everything? I don't think his body can handle playing at this level anymore. The guy looks completely shot.

We can blame the manager, the set up, the tactics, the owner etc all day long....but if you buy a player of micah richards' experience you would expect a player who knows how to play at centre back/full back.

Just watch him for all 3 goals last night....just focus on him and follow everything he does for each goal.

He is all over the place. He looks like a sunday morning pub player.

He's either not got the ability/fitness to play professional football or he is playing s***e on purpose. 

Being as though he has played for a club like man city and been capped by his country, i would say he has the ability. 

This guy needs to go...the sooner the better

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

I didn't see the logic behind the signing then and I don't now. 

- Had barely for seasons.
- When fit, wasn't getting game time because he wasn't good enough defensively and has a poor attitude
- Loan team didn't even want anything to do with him 

Make him captain and give him a massive contract!

?????

Disaster. 

Whatever, I'm just repeating what I've been saying all season long anyway - only this time I'm not getting abuse for it. 

I had similar concerns when we signed him, the lack of playing time over the previous three seasons, the living off a fat wage at Man City leading to possible lack of motivation moving forward, all red flags from players we have previously bought from Man City.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

out of our ex-City players in recent seasons Dunne has only one that could be classed as a success. Ireland, Given, Sinclair, Lescott and Richards have all been a waste of time or just given too long of a contract

Why would we ever deal with their former players 

Just noticed this after posting my post, agreed 100%. Those player have lived the high life, earned the big bucks and don't have the hunger/desire/ability anymore to push their careers back on track elsewhere. We should have learned our lessons after the first couple of those signings, but no, we continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

Â