Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Snap anyones hands off for £5m.

There's obviously a leak within the club, dishing out this information and squad harmony, wouldn't surprise me if it were All About Me-cah Richards - who has to look good in the press.

He's been yet another failed experiment... and typical of the over-hyped young English players that burst onto the scene and then spectacularly fail to match the hype.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

A release clause everyone will welcome for once I think.

Sell sell sell we make 5m profit on a pretty awful player.

Although I'd happily take 5mil for him I question our policy of allowing players to negotiate their sell on price. I am unsure if it's common practice at all clubs, but it doesn't sit right. When players join, or negotiate a contact extension, I hope it is because they are committed for the length of that contract, not with one eye on moving elsewhere. Also it can leave us at a massive disadvantage, just like delph (which I acknowledge was a unique case given he was in his final year). Had miccah had a great season 5 mil would be daylight robbery for a player of his age, only one year in to a contract.

That said 5 million for him is about right and like others, I will be pleased to see the back of him.

Utterly, utterly woeful as a CB and as a captain. How many games had he managed to play in the few seasons before coming here, and how many were at CB? He has been dreadful, and as others have said it was madness to put all our faith in this guy organising our defence and leading by example. I joined in with the ill advised enthusiasm whilst we were signing players last summer, but I was never convinced by this one and unfortunately I was right not to be. I will be absolutely amazed if any PL team coughs up 5m for him this summer, I think we'll be hard pressed to find one willing to pay half of that. Unless Sherwood finds himself a PL job between now and the end of August, I guess

I actually don't doubt for a second that some PL team will cough up 5 m for him in the summer considering the ridiculous tv-deal.

This release clause is great news imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JP1982 said:

Although I'd happily take 5mil for him I question our policy of allowing players to negotiate their sell on price. I am unsure if it's common practice at all clubs, but it doesn't sit right. When players join, or negotiate a contact extension, I hope it is because they are committed for the length of that contract, not with one eye on moving elsewhere. Also it can leave us at a massive disadvantage, just like delph (which I acknowledge was a unique case given he was in his final year). Had miccah had a great season 5 mil would be daylight robbery for a player of his age, only one year in to a contract.

That said 5 million for him is about right and like others, I will be pleased to see the back of him.

The £5 million was a relegation release clause. I'm guessing that most players in most relegation threatened teams have relegation release clauses, it's very normal. 

It's so low, because if the players have great seasons, then we most likely aren't in the mess we already are in ;)

• Like 1

What I really dislike about the story is that it has been leaked from most likely himself or his agent, showing that he is already trying to force his way out of the club. I don't care if he leaves, but he still has at least 2 more months with us, should be concentrating about us instead of already looking for a new club. Great captain.

we need to talk about Micah.

Don't we always do much worse when he plays? Or is that my imagination. Any of our little episodes of form have been while he's been out of the side. And he's captain? I don't understand.

Â