Micah Richards

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He's too muscular and heavy to be RB. He's saving himself in games, trying to run as little as possible, thus does not overlap etc.

Spot on. Added to what Sharky mentioned about his body, especially when you look at his injury record. It's surprising he is still playing. I can't remember without looking back at my previous post in this thread but something like 33 injuries, just at City. Horrendously blighted career imo. You can tell he is trying to be careful during games not to give himself too much ground to cover getting back, whether this is a conscious decision or not is anyones guess but I would presume the amount of time out has made him far more aware of his limitations and fearful of breaking down again. I just don't think he has the legs to continually get up and down the flank.

I think he's carrying an injury. Early on in the soon when he was playing CB he drove us on with some good runs from deep now he's RB he seems to be playing in himself. I didn't mind him as a CB but Okore is our best right sided one so he'll have to stay at RB for now. We do have a lot of power in the back four now. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I think he's carrying an injury. Early on in the soon when he was playing CB he drove us on with some good runs from deep now he's RB he seems to be playing in himself. I didn't mind him as a CB but Okore is our best right sided one so he'll have to stay at RB for now. We do have a lot of power in the back four now. 

I truly believe Richards at CB is 75% of the reason why we're 20th in the league. The other 25% would be having shit strikers. He's been an awful CB, especially as he's the one who was supposedly organising everyone. 

40 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I truly believe Richards at CB is 75% of the reason why we're 20th in the league. The other 25% would be having shit strikers. He's been an awful CB, especially as he's the one who was supposedly organising everyone. 

75%??? Seeing as Guzan and Hutton have cost us a load more that's a load of crap!!! Those 2 alone have cost us more points than watch actually have. All 4 defenders are supposed to do their job. With Lescott not being fit when he signed and Okore getting up to speed added to having Amavi's injury we never had a settled back 4 to blame Richards for 75% is silly especially when individual errors of the 2 I've mentioned cost a whole lot more! 

True, I hate blaming a poor defence on just one player, it's a collective thing.  Having a keeper with zero confidence, which creates doubt in the rest, a right back who was giving away goals all over the place, Lescott who looked like his legs had gone, Amavi knackered his leg and we'd sent out best next left back to Portugal, and Richards is still raw even at 27.  It was a hugely flawed back 5 which has had a bit of a miraculous turnaround since Cissokho came back.  I wouldn't say it's the greatest personnel but together they work, largely due to excellent management from Garde and his coaches.

Tbh, This is our best defensive unit for too long. I'm ok with Richards not willing to risk himself upfront, as if Hutton was offering something there apart from running. Atleast Richards is bullying players and better defensively and very good in set pieces.

I think he's a very useful signing. I just think him being in CB costed us a lot (ofcourse with the fact that Hutton was beside him and other factors).

Some say this is our worst squad since too long. For me, it's much better than the last couple of years. Benteke was the difference.

I really think if we could stay up, then we have a chance to build a very very good squad. As we already have promising players in many areas. We need to add 3-4 quality signings that would help us climbing the table.

Sadly we're far adrift so talking about this thing is little bit early, but hopefully a win today and it would look much brighter.

I'm really happy with Richards being around the team. I would just like him to be at RB.

Just now, Zatman said:

in fairness if it was me on the pitch I would have walked off instead of playing with these players

And that is the problem, he thinks he is better than the rest of them, when in fact he is one of the worst in the bunch. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

And that is the problem, he thinks he is better than the rest of them, when in fact he is one of the worst in the bunch. 

A captain needs to lead by example in attitude at the very least and hopefully have ability to translate that attitude into performance and drive the team on. 

He does none of the above. Id be happy with just the right attitude.

To be fair to him, a couple of time she bombed down the right wing, beat his man to the ball, looked up, and no **** was there with him, so he had to pass backwards.

Now, he's the captain and he should be giving his teammates a bollocking, but if I ran my arse off, and nobody bothered getting in to space, after a couple of times, I probably wouldn't bother either.

Â