Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Applauded the "sack the board" banner apparently. Anyone who went see it?

A few of them came over and clapped the fans at the end. Richards, Veretout, Lescott and Okore stood out in that sense. There was no indication that they were clapping the banner.

Veretout stuck around longest, Okore threw his shirt into the crowd. He is a specimen.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A few of them came over and clapped the fans at the end. Richards, Veretout, Lescott and Okore stood out in that sense. There was no indication that they were clapping the banner.

Veretout stuck around longest, Okore threw his shirt into the crowd. He is a specimen.

I imagine some of the players are as pissed off as the fans. When your in poor form you are hoping for a new signing to give the place a lift and improve the team

• Like 1

I was speaking to a pal about this on the weekend. The problem with Richards at CB is that he, as captain, should be the one organising, he's the leader of the team! The problem is he has never done this before, at City if he ever played CB he'd have had Vincent Kompany telling him what to do. It would be a weird dynamic if RG told Micah to let Lescott run the defence when Micah is playing CB.

When he plays RB he won't be trying to tell Lescott or Okore where the line needs to be etc, because he hasn't got their view, and he can concentrate on his own performance.

I think he's a leader in that he's extremely passionate, gets stuck in, and is an absolute animal physically, but I don't think he's got the experience to be a captain in the centre of defence.

• Like 1

Â