Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Not a fan I am afraid. It seemed like a good signing but he can't play centre half and he is not agile enough anymore for right back. All talk and no action.

He reminds of a Mr Burns quote to Homer Simpson 'Feisty yet Spineless'

He will be at a Norwich/West Brom type club next season giving it the billy big balls.

People ( the media especially ) like to point to the overseas signings as the root of our issues but for me Richards is a bigger example of poor purchasing.He has barely played at his best position RB for 2/3 years yet with very little experience at CB he was brought in to be the spine of the side and captain to boot.

Even in preseason he looked dodgy and its continued  into the season , every time he has played we have been useless at the back.

Okore /Lescott are the favoured CB and the continued pursuit of Debuchy would indicate Garde doesn't rate him much as RB either 

What ever happens he will be gone next season , if someone is prepared to take him on given his big salary here.

• Like 4

People ( the media especially ) like to point to the overseas signings as the root of our issues but for me Richards is a bigger example of poor purchasing.He has barely played at his best position RB for 2/3 years yet with very little experience at CB he was brought in to be the spine of the side and captain to boot.

Even in preseason he looked dodgy and its continued  into the season , every time he has played we have been useless at the back.

Okore /Lescott are the favoured CB and the continued pursuit of Debuchy would indicate Garde doesn't rate him much as RB either 

What ever happens he will be gone next season , if someone is prepared to take him on given his big salary here.

Yep he's been one of the worst signings ever, him along with Gestede, Lescott and Sinclair have been complete shit for the most part. The ones that were signed that had experience in the English game should of made it easier for the foreign lads to bed in but instead they offered feck all and made things worse. I wish we had went and made all our signings from abroad, I'm sure it would of took them a bit of time to get up to speed but no doubt would improve as the season progressed and not just stayed shit like Richards and Co.

• Like 1

For those that might not see, the player in the bottom right corner is Micah Richards, he was probably over the moon that his beloved Citeh got another goal.

I really don't understand how a player at his age, with his experience, fails to stick in position. Even when we play Bacuna at left back he actually plays in that position and sticks to it, even though by trade he is a right footed midfielder and when needed a right back. 

Okore is a better CB than Richards and I think Garde knows this too, I just really hope we get Debuchy today/tomorrow.

At this stage i dont care who leaves in this squad. They are all woeful and have not shown enough fight and passion or discipline. May as well sell him and let him undo their defence. Hollis will be happy too.. he would have turned a profit on a player too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why sell another player if no one else is coming in?? Makes zero sense

Because we are down already and getting rid of a poor player on 60k a week will save us some time in the summer.

• Like 4

Â