Micah Richards

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Richie k said:

play him or bacuna as a dm,better then sanchez anyway

Two people who are positionally poor to come in to replace a seasoned international, great plan. 

• Like 3

Must admit I have often thought Richards could play DM.  Such a powerhouse and makes great runs. That role we would help to mitigate his main weakness (positioning) and he'd be less of a liability, while also potentially utilizing his main strengths.  I don't expect this to happen but he could play a Sanchez type role IMO, particularly against stronger physical teams. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Must admit I have often thought Richards could play DM.  Such a powerhouse and makes great runs. That role we would help to mitigate his main weakness (positioning) and he'd be less of a liability, while also potentially utilizing his main strengths.  I don't expect this to happen but he could play a Sanchez type role IMO, particularly against stronger physical teams. 

His positioning would still be terrible as a DM because he'd think he was Zindane and start making runs forward. Also he doesn't have the technical ability or passing range to play in the midfield.

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

His positioning would still be terrible as a DM because he'd think he was Zindane and start making runs forward. Also he doesn't have the technical ability or passing range to play in the midfield.

Yep, crazy idea. He needs to play in his proper position, rb, & nowhere else

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Positional sense is woeful though - but gets by on his athletic ability.

DM wont have that luxury a fullback does.

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

Two people who are positionally poor to come in to replace a seasoned international, great plan. 

well going on form that seasoned international isnt up to it and bacuna is playing well and richards would have more freedom to roam as hes not the last man back. both can also defend, it would be like having a 3rd centre half in defence and in attack both are good going forward, better then current options anyway

5 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

We already play players out of position, good idea to add another one to the mix especially one who is so rubbish in his preferred position .

our main out of position players are bacuna and richards anyway so wouldnt realy be adding much to the mix

52 minutes ago, Richie k said:

well going on form that seasoned international isnt up to it and bacuna is playing well and richards would have more freedom to roam as hes not the last man back. both can also defend, it would be like having a 3rd centre half in defence and in attack both are good going forward, better then current options anyway

That's not how that position works. There's a reason neither of those two have played in the defensive midfield role before and it's because they're positionally awful. 

It's just not going to happen and it's a ridiculously naive suggestion - I don't know why I'm even bothering to humour you here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's not how that position works. There's a reason neither of those two have played in the defensive midfield role before and it's because they're positionally awful. 

It's just not going to happen and it's a ridiculously naive suggestion - I don't know why I'm even bothering to humour you here. 

im sure they can learn or be thought better positioning, is it a naive as playing a right back in the middle? or a midfielder at right/left back?

it was a suggestion i dont know whats with your attitude, should stay off forums if you dont want to humour people. 

One of my favorite DCM's was Claude Makalele and he is positively tiny (although his ex gf said he was huge), but he still managed to be one of the best in the world because his positioning was superb, as was his reading of the game.

Richards is physically strong and plays with enthusiasm and gusto, bit he will be a terrible DCM imo as he'll be all over the place coming late into challenges and picking up yellow cards for fun. He's just not disciplined enough and will leave gaping holes for the opponents to exploit in the center of midfield

• Like 1

Hes not a center back as he cant position himself and wonders off. For the same reasons and the fact he cant control the ball or pass it hes not good enough as full back. Hopefully good enough for the Championship as no one will take him off us. 

Â