Micah Richards

Demitri_C

They are trying though, what ever way you look at it they are kids, my lads are the same age and I can not believe that shouting abuse, booing and getting on their backs during a game will improve them, we should be cheering them on, chanting their names and inspiring them, Richards is right, how will the abuse help the team. Most have not been in this position before and are not sure what to do. we need a strong physical leader on the pitch in the midfield. someone who will flatten the opposition players and set the tone of the game, inspire and push the other players to perform, a Roy Keane type player who will not put up with slackers or lack of effort.

I was with you until you mentioned Roy Keane.

Shouting swear words at people doesn't tend to motivate them, surprisingly.

22 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I was with you until you mentioned Roy Keane.

Shouting swear words at people doesn't tend to motivate them, surprisingly.

I did not mean in that sense, I meant a man committed to winning, prepared to put his foot in and be nasty a player who will make the opposition work for everything they get, a player the other players look up to and do not want to let down, a leader on and off the pitch, all successful teams have a player like this and is a necessity when the team is so young and brittle in confidence.

Micah Richards you cannot justify failing to beat a league 2 team with 'we're trying'. 

Also reading a lot of 'how is booing the players going to help them?' The vast majority of the time the players recieve our support. They then reward us with gutless performances against Norwich, Sunderland and **** Wycombe. I'm fed up with them. They havent won a home game in the league and it's January. Useless, overpaid losers, the lot of them

Micah Richards you cannot justify failing to beat a league 2 team with 'we're trying'. 

Also reading a lot of 'how is booing the players going to help them?' The vast majority of the time the players recieve our support. They then reward us with gutless performances against Norwich, Sunderland and **** Wycombe. I'm fed up with them. They havent won a home game in the league and it's January. Useless, overpaid losers, the lot of them

Interesting one this. I completely agree, the team are never booed onto the pitch, always given full support, especially the phenomenal away following, and they serve up tripe week on week and expect it to be acceptable.

It's always been the players that lift the fans in my mind, I agreed with what Scholes said yesterday about Manure (obviously slightly different expectations). I won't boo myself, and the level of abuse I've seen in those videos is not acceptable, but the club need to wake up to the fact that the last few years have been nothing short of a disgrace in the most part, instead of coming out with waffle about shirt deals etc.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whoa there - I don't recall saying amazing!

He's better going forward than Richards and he's better defensively than Richards. Neither of them are much cop at the defensive positioning side of things and I would take Debuchy in a heartbeat.

That's the VT way - if you don't think someone is absolutely dreadful then you must think they're amazing. ;)

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

When we go down (its not an 'if' anymore); plenty of people are going to lose their jobs...

Groundsmen, people at the club shop, stewards.... Salt of the earth people like the ones who use this very forum will be laid off and have to wonder what they are going to have to do to pay their bills and their mortgage...

But at least you lot were 'trying' Micah...

Richards has a point.

People easily mistake lack of confidence and belief for lack of effort, especially at top level football. I would argue Garde's style not to really press contributes to this too - and isn't aligned to the "get into 'em, f*** 'em up" mentality fans want in this situation.

Needless to say the bloke in the video going "where's the passion?" six times is not constructive at all, the one time he had to actually be constructive directly to the club captain. Guess he was pissed off, pissed and of course thick as a plank though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

When we go down (its not an 'if' anymore); plenty of people are going to lose their jobs...

Groundsmen, people at the club shop, stewards.... Salt of the earth people like the ones who use this very forum will be laid off and have to wonder what they are going to have to do to pay their bills and their mortgage...

But at least you lot were 'trying' Micah...

Why will people lose their jobs? Serious question, DJ.

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he showed some guts and some sense of responsibility, however I've never considered him a bad person anyway. 

The only way he can go up in my estimation is if he starts to perform and show some sort of brain on the pitch.

Can't knock him for having the guts to talk yo the fans. I do think he is one of the few players that cares. But the quality through tour the side is abysmal.

33 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Why will people lose their jobs? Serious question, DJ.

It would be the result of cost cutting measures - less money coming into the club doesn't just mean cutting back on player wages.  Unfortunately it would be across the whole club,

3 minutes ago, villafan306 said:

It would be the result of cost cutting measures - less money coming into the club doesn't just mean cutting back on player wages.  Unfortunately it would be across the whole club,

those costs are so insignificant compared to the playing staff

Saw this on Vital Villa as to why Richards had a chat with the fans as apparently a few was fuming at Guzan & Lescott's actions

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7520081

So, Aston Villa fans weren`t happy yesterday at the FA Cup tie v Wycombe Wanderers. An understatement if ever there was one.

One incident shows fans and Micah Richards talking and Micah telling them (he did at least have the guts to go and talk to them) that they weren`t being helped by the fans and that they were trying.

What caused the fans to be there and angry? Some will put it down to fans being fans, paint them in a bad light however I`ve now had three eye witness reports of two so called senior players on the bench playing around and laughing during the game.

Now fine, we can`t (and don`t) expect them to be wearing black arm bands and in tears... however it isn`t out of order for them to sit there for 90 mins being professional and looking half interested is it? Apparently that is too much to ask, better idea to play spitting games it seems.

Yes Brad Guzan and Joleon Lescott it is you we are talking about. Two senior players and alleged grown ups.

One eye witness, a fan who goes back to the point of selling his train set and bike to get to Rotterdam told me:

"We were sat behind the dug out. I watched Guzan and Lescott laughing and fooling around throughout the match. It was a see through dug out. Towards the end I could not stop myself from approaching one of the fans who was showing his anger towards the bench. He told me they were seeing who could spit their chewing gum nearest to the touchline."

Then I saw this on facebook from a fan who has given me permission to say why he was so incensed (and was one of those talking to Micah I think)... the subject was the abuse from a tiny minority at the coach (most of us don`t condone that sort of thing)

He said:

" I agree wholeheartedly, that was rent a mob, the language used was unacceptable. I do however object to two senior players spending 90 minutes laughing and joking on the bench and littering the pitch with their chewing in some sort of childish game. When confronted without swearing we were told to F..k off not by one but both of them. FairPlay to Micah for calming the situation but there has been no mention of the off field antics. We are all aware of the state our great club is in but we are the club and should be listened to. I have written to the club this morning and await their reply if any will come I do not know."

Adding:

"The guy next to me with the beard knocked on the dugout, they both turned round, we said they were disgraceful and obviously didn't care. With that Guzan told him to f**k off, I knocked the dug out Lescott, told him he is supposed to be Villa to which he replied I am, he turned away, I knocked the dug out again and said why are you not acting like one with which he said f**k off. When Micah came round to us he placated the situation and understood our frustrations. I may look aggressive in the papers but was angry more than anything. It's breaking my heart what is happening at our great club."

What are the coaches, assistant manager and manager doing whilst these players are messing around? Do they now manage these players? Are these players above it all? Above the FA Cup? Above showing respect to the fans who paid a lot of money to go and watch that rubbish?

Is there ANYONE accountable or responsible at Aston Villa?

No to all the above it seems.

And no, I'm not claiming it is the crime of the century, but judging by their *** poor performances this season, both of them maybe could have at least shown a little restraint? And spitting competitions at their ages. Really?

No wonder we're sunk.

I wish we could sack the lot of them if I'm honest, they embarrass this great club.

Â