Micah Richards

Demitri_C

A back 4 has to be a unit, and this is not first time this season that unit has looked better without Richards in it. Because he constantly get pulled out of position his CB partner is always exposed, and our back 4 have to work together on account of them not being great individually. I'm no fan of Lescott but he is much more experianced than Richards and his lack of pace is not as exposed next to Okore. As that is only our 3rd clean sheet of the season i think Lescott - Okore has to be our first choice pairing.

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Throwing this one out there: anybody think he could do a job at right wing? Against Wycombe he looked pretty threatening when he kept marauding forwards, so why not let him?

I was about to make another suggestion, DM, he's got pace to cover the ground, strong in the tackle, good in the air, ok on the ball.

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Throwing this one out there: anybody think he could do a job at right wing? Against Wycombe he looked pretty threatening when he kept marauding forwards, so why not let him?

Not for me. His physicality played a big part against Wycombe, against Premier League fullbacks you need a lot, lot more. He simply doesn't have the skill set to play on the wing IMO.

1 hour ago, andym said:

pleased to see him looking really happy at the final whistle, congratulating all the guys who had played - that is the kind of attitude i want to see from him

Missed that from the Holte but good to hear it. Glad we have him regardless of what people think.

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He has nowhere near the technical ability to play there. 

• Like 2

I do think we have a short term problem with him here.

He's not disciplined enough to play CB, neither is he disciplined/technical/physically suited to play RB or anywhere else.

With him being captain and on a big contract this is a problem we'll have for the rest of the season. However with us likely relegated he won't be here next season as we can't afford to keep him and he'll not gonna wan't to play in the Championship. I also think his stock is still high enough that another PL will wan't to take him of our hands.

54 minutes ago, sne said:

I do think we have a short term problem with him here.

He's not disciplined enough to play CB, neither is he disciplined/technical/physically suited to play RB or anywhere else.

With him being captain and on a big contract this is a problem we'll have for the rest of the season. However with us likely relegated he won't be here next season as we can't afford to keep him and he'll not gonna wan't to play in the Championship. I also think his stock is still high enough that another PL will wan't to take him of our hands.

I'd argue he definitely has the physical capability - strong and fast with a good engine. In terms of being disciplined, he's played right back for the majority of his career so I presume he knows how to play there. I'm not sure we've seen enough of him in attacking areas to completely right him off his technical ability, but defensively he's strong, good in the air and a good tackler.

Bacuna had a great game last night and deserves his place in the squad for now, and long may it continue. However, he has had very good games at full back before (home win against Chelsea a couple seaons ago for one) and then regressed in other games. I'd argue Micah is the best RB at the club and, longterm, I'd be happy for him to be our first choice. 

He's too muscle bound, needs to lose some timber. Personally, I think he finished already, his shortcomings outweigh his talent and that's never more cruelly exploited than as a defender. I also think he thinks he is better than he is.

• Like 1

Â