Micah Richards

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

What does Hutton do so well in your mind that makes him this amazing RB? 

Whoa there - I don't recall saying amazing!

He's better going forward than Richards and he's better defensively than Richards. Neither of them are much cop at the defensive positioning side of things and I would take Debuchy in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whoa there - I don't recall saying amazing!

He's better going forward than Richards and he's better defensively than Richards. Neither of them are much cop at the defensive positioning side of things and I would take Debuchy in a heartbeat.

Hutton dosen't set up any goals though, yes he gets a lot of the ball down that side but he dosen't do a lot with it, certainly compared to all Bacuna's assists second half of last season although that was partly due to the brilliance of Benteke.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Again, maybe I'm going around in circles, there is no evidence, even anecdotal, to suggest he has a bad attitude? Have I missed something?

His performances can be criticised, sure, but attitude? Dos showing emotion = bad attitude? 

Not having a go, just interested to hear where this is coming from :)

Xela his attitude is hugely questionable for me. I watch him very closely on and off the ball and He's simply not doing the things he was under Sherwood. He's not vocal on the pitch anymore. There are no hard tackles. Quite simply like the fan in the video said to him "where's the passion?". He's not alone but he shouldn't be treated by U.S. like the rest of them. He's our captain but he's shrinking and for me it's because he simply doesn't care enough. Plenty of pundits have criticised him for lack of effort on the pitch since Garde arrived. It's completely justified IMO

I like the fact he went to speak to the fans. Not many of the spoiled primadonnas in todays game would have the guts to confront their critics like that.

I don't like the fact that after getting caught massively out of position while defending he proceeded to walk back, leaving the defence a man short in the build-up to a Wycombe attack. He does that sort of thing too often, and it robs him of any authority he might have as captain to tell other players to get their fingers out.

How was he as a right back? I was pleasantly surprised to see him playing there finally. Plus he scored a nice goal. 

Brought something to the team going forward, but caught out badly once or twice, which he was ripped for by Robbie Savage in commentary.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

How was he as a right back? I was pleasantly surprised to see him playing there finally. Plus he scored a nice goal. 

He looked more like a CB playing RB than someone who has played the majority of his career as a RB. Positioning was all over the place, he was ok going forward in the first half, but was often in advance of Bacuna, who had to drop back to cover. He didn't get forward much in the second half, dunno if he had been told to calm it down or if he was just knackered. 

You would not have guessed that he was once an international full back on that performance.

They are trying though, what ever way you look at it they are kids, my lads are the same age and I can not believe that shouting abuse, booing and getting on their backs during a game will improve them, we should be cheering them on, chanting their names and inspiring them, Richards is right, how will the abuse help the team. Most have not been in this position before and are not sure what to do. we need a strong physical leader on the pitch in the midfield. someone who will flatten the opposition players and set the tone of the game, inspire and push the other players to perform, a Roy Keane type player who will not put up with slackers or lack of effort.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Richard said:

Hasn't gone up in my estimation. What has he said? Basically it's "we are trying don't shout at us"

I think he showed some guts and some sense of responsibility, however I've never considered him a bad person anyway. 

The only way he can go up in my estimation is if he starts to perform and show some sort of brain on the pitch.

Â