Micah Richards

Demitri_C

We're on our worst run in our 140 year history and haven't won in 21 matches. Players are going to get abuse at any club in the world when that happens. 
Understandable that they get "abuse" for their football. Not personally though.

What has Guzan done, outside of this incident (which you specified) to make him a "grade A arsewipe" or a "clearing in the woods"?

Exactly.

Calling someone shit, lazy, etc. That's one thing. To start labelling them personally isn't acceptable. This whole 'we pay your wages' stuff is a joke as well. Would you let your boss personally insult you and just take it, because you made a mistake? No way. I'm amazed that this kind of stuff doesn't happen more, there's no justification in Guzan/Lescott responding how they did. But I sure as hell understand it.

Regardless of that - the personal abuse levelled at fans/managers is unacceptable. It was with McLeish, it was with Lambert, and Sherwood and it still is now with Garde. You don't go to DisneyLand and call Mickey Mouse a word removed when Thunder Mountain is closed. You don't go to a restaurant and scream at the chef when your burger is not cooked how you like it. 

[/quote]

I don't think personal abuse is acceptable but it happens because people care. Probably too much at times and you're never going to change that. And while it has negatives the amount people care is what makes football great. 

I'm not going to scream at the chef in burgee king, but at the same time I'm not going to be hugging and jumping around like a mad man because my order was correct. Because I don't care. 

Look at the atmosphere when collymore scored against Madrid or Cahill against the scum, its because people care. The downside of that is at times it spills over too negative.

Huge respect to Micah for that, I applaud him and the fans for being civil.

Lescott, Guzan, Gabby, Hutton etc... they have no place at this club anymore. 

Richards, Okore, Gil, Veretout, Amavi, Ayew etc... these are about the only ones I'd keep (if they'll stay however is another matter). Build around this base of players.

Can't respect Micah enough for that, at least it shows he for one actually cares.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fair play to Micah for that. How often do you see a player attempt to connect with fans like that these days? Particularly in such a hostile environment such as that. Never, at a guess.

Maximum respect given.  

Yep. Makes those questioning his attitude and hurling personal insults at him even more baffling.

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

Should've been benched a long time ago. Defense, aside from the first minute, actually look organised. Lescott not having to cover Richards' erratic runs and positioning really makes his job a lot easier. 

Pretty sure it was because of a knock. Ankle not good enough to start. He'll come back in when he's fit I imagine, rightly or wrongly.

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

Pretty sure it was because of a knock. Ankle not good enough to start. He'll come back in when he's fit I imagine, rightly or wrongly.

I really really hope Remi realizes what I just stated because Richards is a major reason why we are dead last. He doesn't know how to play center back. He relies on his athletic abilities which you cannot do in that position. If Remi wants Richards on the pitch, it has to be right back, but it would be very harsh to bench Bacuna who looked good. 

• Like 2

Â