Micah Richards

Demitri_C

As much as this decision is down to Delph, regardless of any influence it may have, I do not want players at OUR club telling OUR players that there is a different club much better than this one. He should be completely focused on Aston Villa Football Club yet all we've heard from is that City is the best club in the world and he hopes to go back one day. This isn't a loan move, he needs to stop talking to the press about these things if he wants to settle in properly, you can't be at Villa wishing you were back at City - if that is the case you probably shouldn't be here.

• Like 1

What exactly is wrong in what Richards has said? He loves City and had an awesome time there. Deal with it.

Because he encouraged the Captain of Villa to leave?

If you can't see what's wrong with that then you're mad mate. Yes he didn't force him, but it still falls under "unprofessional" for my money. I wouldn't be pleased if it happened anyway.

Hopefully it's something of nothing and his performances will win the fans round because he really is a good player

Are you on our site to wind people up?

Delph is trying to justify his actions. Ignore his comments. He made the first of his u-turns after speaking to Richards, so obviously not persuaded by him at that point.

Off topic, I know, but check out the announcement on the official site. Cold and brutally short. Top brass not happy.

I agree with Damocles. I think people are giving Richards a bit of leeway just because they don't want to be on his back before he's even played a game. It's not his fault that Delph has left but some of the stuff he's come out with has been pretty unprofessional. Lets hope he can make up for it, on the pitch.

I have zero problem with what Richards has apparently said to Delph in a private conversation. He has a lot of affection for Man City so I wouldn't have expected him to say anything else. The problem here is that Delph, grasping at anything to try to justify his u turn, has blurted it out in public.

In the grand scheme of things though it doesn't matter and I hope nobody really gives a shit and will hold it against Richards. I certainly don't.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Micah just needs to shut his gob for a while and let his football do the talking rather than being our self-appointment press spokesman atm.

He's now one of the experienced players at the club even if he is new so some good quality defensive performances are required and also leadership wherever he does end up playing.

i think delph has purposely dropped Richards in it here to deflect blame from himself.

At the end of the day delph made the decision to go back on his word, Citeeeeh are above us atm, and likely to stop there for a while, and being honest, you can't blame delph for going there, its just the way he has done it.I don't think it will do him any favours long term.

In the meantime, we have a good defender on our books , who is prone to the odd mistake, who is big, strong, quick, and good on the ball, for free, i don't care if he drove delph up there, he is a Villa player, and i want him to be a success, and just because someone is trying to deflect blame from themselves, i don't see it as a reason to castigate Richards.

On a side note, i wish he would influence CB to go to Citeeeeh, as i really don't want him going to deluded FC

I agree, Delph is aware he needs to do some damage control and Richards is an easy target. I'm sure he asked him about City and its pretty clear Richards still loved City (for some reason) but to blame him for Delph's decision is wrong.

He's an adult human being after all. 

Fibian Wealth throwing Micah under the bus there. Of course Micah is going to sing the clubs praises as had it not been for the the injury letting Zabaleta in he'd still be at the club, he's still arguably the best right back Man City had. When a player at Man City spends most of his career not on the bench and playing of course he's going to sing their praises. I am sure if Ireland was still here he'd be singing a completely different tune to Richards, but it's all down to circumstance in the end if you loved your time somewhere you're going to rate it when asked about it. 

As much as this decision is down to Delph, regardless of any influence it may have, I do not want players at OUR club telling OUR players that there is a different club much better than this one. He should be completely focused on Aston Villa Football Club yet all we've heard from is that City is the best club in the world and he hopes to go back one day. This isn't a loan move, he needs to stop talking to the press about these things if he wants to settle in properly, you can't be at Villa wishing you were back at City - if that is the case you probably shouldn't be here.

What happens if N'zogbia is asking?

I had a slight knock last night but in fairness someone had hid the Fibian Wealth Thread.

Unless Micah called Delph on Wednesday Night and said " Mate why have you come back to Villa ...tell Villa your going McFc " i dont see the problem

like i said i did say thing like ' Ban micah from speaking to Graelish ' but in all honesty i was being a pratt and reacting to Pinnochio

Edited by Villan81

Richards was quick to jump on Twitter the other day when City fans were angry with him, "I've said nothing but good things about City."

Not so quick to tell Villa fans he didn't tell Delph to move though, is he?

Honestly reminds me a torn relationship, Micah still pining over his ex, "just wants to see her happy" and isn't really concentrating on his own future. 

Edited by samjp26

I think in any big business, if you have employees openly encouraging your leading performers to leave, that's gross misconduct.

I also think it goes against Sherwoods desire for "winners" and a winning mentality. Encouraging your best players doesnt fit  in with this either.

Richards should be transfer listed immediately.

Grow up

• Like 1

Not a great start to his villa career is it

It's not if people act like this, as if Villa is run under a dictatorship where you can't tell your mate that you enjoyed your time at another club. Christ. 

Â