Micah Richards

Demitri_C

We've signed a former Manchester City captain, winner of every English domestic trophy and all-round defensive powerhouse in Micah Richards on a Bosman with the best years of his career ahead of him.

I think a certain section of Villa fans have become so accustomed to seeing poor defenders over the last few years that they don't know what a good defensive signing is anymore

Anything he has achieved has been whilst playing as a RB. I think we all should be concerned if Richards is to be a first choice CB for us.

Edited by picicata
  • Like 1

We've signed a former Manchester City captain, winner of every English domestic trophy and all-round defensive powerhouse in Micah Richards on a Bosman with the best years of his career ahead of him.

I think a certain section of Villa fans have become so accustomed to seeing poor defenders over the last few years that they don't know what a good defensive signing is anymore.

disagree entirely, it fact id say you are highlighting the biggest problem with players like richards

he broke through and looked a beast of a player, strong, quick, but still raw and needed to do a lot of work on his positional sense and reading of the game, he was the future of england, a dead cert to be our RB for years after neville, 3 years later at man city people were still saying the same thing and his appearances in the team started to drop, then he played 9 league matches for city in 2 years (thats where 1 of his league medals comes from, he made 2 appearances that year...) moved on loan to fiorentina and played 10 league games last year, and reading through the fiorentina fan comments he still has the exact same problems, he is a beast going forward but lacks positional sense and reading of the game

so all that potential that he obviously still dining out on has gone nowhere, he hasnt pushed on and improved any of the flaws that were identified early on in his career, people are judging him on what he was and what he could have been rather than what he currently is, im apprehensive about him playing RB and dreading him playing at CB

• Like 1

Have been watching him for a few years on Citeh's youtube channel. He will be a great guy to have around the place. With the runs with have been on the last few years I think we need that. He is always postive.

im sure that will be tested big time ;)

Needs to engage brain before opening mouth, but still very pleased with this signing.

Why? Hasn't said anything untoward. It's nice to have someone for once who seems to have a personality and engage with the press on friendly way (just like sherwood tbh).

I'm not saying he is destined to be a guaranteed success, even with his CV. However he is a man who is confident in his own ability and possesses an appetite to play well. He will be playing under a manager who believes in him and hopefully if we, as supporters can encourage him from the stands in a positive fashion, we can afford to look optimistically about his time with the club.

Based on all these factors, I have little reason to doubt he will prove to be an improvement on the current playing staff.

Â