Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Micah has start to do his talking on the pitch not off it.

Worryingly, if he starts badly I reckon certain sections of the crowd will turn on him quickly.

Yeah I reckon if he talks we should start fining him.  :bang:

Plus, all that article says is that Micah Richards said Man City was the best club in the world and that he enjoyed his time there.

People are falling for a headline.

Can't blame Richards that much, I mean Delph did put in that ridiculous release clause so he'd have an easy way out.

Delph seems like a weak person, not man enough to be honest and just telling people what they want to hear.

• Like 1

Pretty low blow to try and drop Micah in it now he's left. I have no doubt Micah would be complimentary about his ex-employers, that's the correct attitude of a professional. I think most Villa fans are wise enough to see behind this nonsense, can't believe a word Delph says now and it suits him quite nicely to deflect attention back on one of our players by making more out of the conversation than there probably was. Bore off Fibian, we know what you are.

• Like 2

In an interview on City's official website, Delph said: "I spoke with Joe Hart when I was with him for England and he was always been telling me how the club has come on and what City are trying to achieve - and Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here."

I think this is the quote that's wound most up. Not the patronising Champs league bollocks mentioned above.
I'd be furious if the situations were reversed on that quote admittedly. But to be absolutely fair, he's come through the Academy at City and was here when we were struggling to be midtable yet still kept his place throughout the takeover. He's the type of bubbly type of lad that will have the time of his life in an empty room.And "that patronising Champs League bollocks" if you fancy taking another look at it was an attempt to suggest that he's a quality player who most didn't want to leave and he'd start in that competition thanks to his quality. I'm not sure how calling your right back good enough to start against Barcelona is patronising but I'd congratulate you for finding a way to make it that
Youve got your wires crossed here. I was referring to what sheepyvillain said.

I've known a few remarkes go over the heads of certain individuals , but that my man is beyond belief .

Delph was obviously intrigued by the move as soon as he knew they were interested. If they really are good pals from before and Richards was round his house talking to Delph on a level as a mate "you cant let this chance pass you by pal" sort of thing you can sort of understand it. How well do they know each other are they really blood brothers and grew up together or something that they want the best for their best pal in the whole wide world? Doubtful

But on the other hand if you've just signed for a club surely you want to keep your better players and would be saying everything possible to put him off the move so that you can play together in the best team possible at your new club; not tell them the above to kill off any doubts they might have had. Delph is the Rat who stabbed us in the back but its not a great start on Richards part either imo.

Delph was obviously intrigued by the move as soon as he knew they were interested. If they really are good pals from before and Richards was round his house talking to Delph on a level as a mate "you cant let this chance pass you by pal" sort of thing you can sort of understand it. How well do they know each other are they really blood brothers and grew up together or something that they want the best for their best pal in the whole wide world? Doubtful

But on the other hand if you've just signed for a club surely you want to keep your better players and would be saying everything possible to put him off the move so that you can play together in the best team possible at your new club; not tell them the above to kill off any doubts they might have had. Delph is the Rat who stabbed us in the back but its not a great start on Richards part either imo.

Why would a grown adult, discussing career prospects with another grown adult lie to him?  I currently work with 2 great people, both of whom make me enjoy my job better and both are assets to the place I work in.  But if they ever wanted to discuss career prospects I certainly wouldn't lie to them in order to try and keep them here.  It's absolutely ridiculous that anyone feels the need to criticise richards over this.

• Like 2

Your job and playing together in a Premier League football team are 2 completely different things. Its hard enough for a club like us to keep hold of anyone with talent without new signings coming in and talking about how great their ex clubs were. Getting 65k a week to talk up their former lover

• Like 1

Why has Delph not come out and offered to pay back the fans that got his name on the new shirts after his first statement was released just before the shirts came out!

This is like a blood ysoap opera haha!

• Like 1

So you really think Richards should have lied to him and not given an honest opinion?

Didn't have to lie, could have toned it down a little. He's had a bit too much to say ever since signing. Bit too much about Manc City. Its ok in your first interview since moving, sure, but he is now on our books, knows how instrumental our captain is to us, just doesnt look good to me reading things like:

Fabian Delph has revealed that conversations with former Manchester City defender Micah Richards influenced him to change his mind about moving to the club.

Delph signed a five-year contract with City on Friday, less than a week after rejecting the transfer and committing his future to Aston Villa through a strongly-worded statement.

It has now emerged that new Villa signing Richards, who had denied persuading Delph to snub City earlier this week, was influential in the U-turn.

Its just my opinion of course, you and others feel it is okay, thats fine but i just feel different. Delph was probably swaying towards the move anyway, but Richards comments dont help. Should of said " yeah good club, but you're going nowhere mate, lets have it here next season. Besides, how can you leave now after what you said last week and in January? See how we do this season and see how you feel then ". No?

Anyhow its all done with now, time to draw a line under Fibian. Whole things just a left a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Like 2

Delph asked, Micah gave his opinion, nothing more to it. Perfectly understandable and the right thing to do.

Spot on, he won the trophies there and was there for a long time, of course he is going to speak highly of the club. Some of the reactions on this thread are truly embarrassing.

Im sure Micah didnt tell Delph anything he didnt know. We know they are a bigger club who offer higher wages and a chance to win medals. Not sure why Micah is copping it all.

So you really think Richards should have lied to him and not given an honest opinion?

Didn't have to lie, could have toned it down a little. He's had a bit too much to say ever since signing. Bit too much about Manc City. Its ok in your first interview since moving, sure, but he is now on our books, knows how instrumental our captain is to us, just doesnt look good to me reading things like:Fabian Delph has revealed that conversations with former Manchester City defender Micah Richards influenced him to change his mind about moving to the club.

Delph signed a five-year contract with City on Friday, less than a week after rejecting the transfer and committing his future to Aston Villa through a strongly-worded statement.

It has now emerged that new Villa signing Richards, who had denied persuading Delph to snub City earlier this week, was influential in the U-turn.

Is that a quote from news or something? Nothing directly quoting Delph saying it influenced him.

I'm in 2 minds about this one: I think that it is silly to be blaming Richards for Delph's departure, but I'm finding his constant declarations of love for them quite tiresome. You might want to remember who pays your wages Micah?

• Like 1

Â