Micah Richards

Demitri_C

He had a good game today so will all you moaning Minnie's shut the **** up and get behind our team.

We are all telling Delph what a great club City is... Oh wait, that was Richards.

Nothing wrong with what he said, if one of our players left us at 27 after being with us since being a kid and said what he said about City we would all be delighted and give him respect. Delph made his own decision and deserves to take all the flack.

• Like 1

Micah Richards at his uninjured peak is the best right back I've seen at City including Zabaleta.

He apparently told Delph that City have quality players (not rocket science) and he should only leave if he has guarantees of football (which actually annoyed many City fans).

If you don't fancy him then 99% of City fans would have him back tomorrow and have absolutely no qualms about starting him in the Nou Camp which should tell you the level of respect he has amongst the fanbase. No doubt in my mind that he wouldn't seek to undermine Villa in any way at all, and hearing one sentence of a quite probably long conversation has lost some of its meaning and context

• Like 2

In an interview on City's official website, Delph said: "I spoke with Joe Hart when I was with him for England and he was always been telling me how the club has come on and what City are trying to achieve - and Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here."

I think this is the quote that's wound most up. Not the patronising Champs league bollocks mentioned above.

• Like 1

In an interview on City's official website, Delph said: "I spoke with Joe Hart when I was with him for England and he was always been telling me how the club has come on and what City are trying to achieve - and Micah Richards told me that as far as he is concerned, this is the best club in the world and he had the time of his life here."

I think this is the quote that's wound most up. Not the patronising Champs league bollocks mentioned above.

I'd be furious if the situations were reversed on that quote admittedly. But to be absolutely fair, he's come through the Academy at City and was here when we were struggling to be midtable yet still kept his place throughout the takeover. He's the type of bubbly type of lad that will have the time of his life in an empty room.

And "that patronising Champs League bollocks" if you fancy taking another look at it was an attempt to suggest that he's a quality player who most didn't want to leave and he'd start in that competition thanks to his quality. I'm not sure how calling your right back good enough to start against Barcelona is patronising but I'd congratulate you for finding a way to make it that

I'd be furious if the situations were reversed on that quote admittedly. But to be absolutely fair, he's come through the Academy at City and was here when we were struggling to be midtable yet still kept his place throughout the takeover. He's the type of bubbly type of lad that will have the time of his life in an empty room.And "that patronising Champs League bollocks" if you fancy taking another look at it was an attempt to suggest that he's a quality player who most didn't want to leave and he'd start in that competition thanks to his quality. I'm not sure how calling your right back good enough to start against Barcelona is patronising but I'd congratulate you for finding a way to make it that

Youve got your wires crossed here. I was referring to what sheepyvillain said.

Edited by penguin

I'd be furious if the situations were reversed on that quote admittedly. But to be absolutely fair, he's come through the Academy at City and was here when we were struggling to be midtable yet still kept his place throughout the takeover. He's the type of bubbly type of lad that will have the time of his life in an empty room.And "that patronising Champs League bollocks" if you fancy taking another look at it was an attempt to suggest that he's a quality player who most didn't want to leave and he'd start in that competition thanks to his quality. I'm not sure how calling your right back good enough to start against Barcelona is patronising but I'd congratulate you for finding a way to make it that

Youve got your wires crossed here. I was referring to what sheepyvillain said.

Whoops, my mistake sorry. I wrote about the CL in the post above so presumed you were referring to me

What exactly is wrong in what Richards has said? He loves City and had an awesome time there. Deal with it.

Because he encouraged the Captain of Villa to leave?

If you can't see what's wrong with that then you're mad mate. Yes he didn't force him, but it still falls under "unprofessional" for my money. I wouldn't be pleased if it happened anyway.

Hopefully it's something of nothing and his performances will win the fans round because he really is a good player

Edited by Damocles

Is it really that baffling that what his said has wound some up and caused some venting, especially right after the event? seems the temptation to come riding in on their high horses is too much for some.

• Like 1

Is it really that baffling that what his said has wound some up and caused some venting, especially right after the event? seems the temptation to come riding in on their high horses is too much for some.

Yes. I think it's utterly stupid. What did you really expect richards to say when delph asked him about the club?

Â