PauloBarnesi

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Moyes already clashing with their new German DoF, apparently. (Formerly of Leverkusen). The German wants to buy cheaper European players, Moyes wants proven Prem players like JWP, Gallagher, McTominay, etc., who would cost more. They got a huge windfall from the Rice sale, but are yet to sign anyone, so this will be interesting to watch. An early power struggle...

I think Moyes should've gone out on a high with him finally winning a trophy at 60 years old.

Let's not forget he was probably 2-3 times off getting the sack last season if they'd lost to a Forest or Southampton.

Given they'll be playing Thurs-Sun regularly they're bound to have some disappointing results so I can see him going in October-November and european coach coming in.

We're in a very good position when you think of it as the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Palace and Brentford will all be weaker when they kick off in August based on transfers so far while we've got key players in already.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I think Moyes should've gone out on a high with him finally winning a trophy at 60 years old.

Let's not forget he was probably 2-3 times off getting the sack last season if they'd lost to a Forest or Southampton.

Given they'll be playing Thurs-Sun regularly they're bound to have some disappointing results so I can see him going in October-November and european coach coming in.

We're in a very good position when you think of it as the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Palace and Brentford will all be weaker when they kick off in August based on transfers so far while we've got key players in already.

He's likely settled in London and the direct deposits keep pumping into his bank account. I'd have stayed too. 

Was suprised to read thatwest ham have signed no players so far. Could be a vwey tough season for them. Not only do they not have rice and a much  weaker squad but europe too

I think they couls bw dark horses for relegation 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they couls bw dark horses for relegation 

This is the problem with teams getting promoted who don't even try to stay up, as we've seen previously with Norwich and potentially now with Sheffield United and to a lesser extent Luton.

It's almost a given that those two are going down again. So your West Ham, Everton et al who might be in a relegation scrap, (I don't think for a second West Ham will, but for the sake of argument we'll include them), have to be extraordinarily shit to get relegated. It ruins the relegation battle.

FWIW, a relegation trio of West Ham, Wolves and Everton would be glorious.

• Like 1

Scamacca likely back to Italy aswell so teams will know they have alot to spend (105+25?)

Can see them trying for Broja on loan or permanent as a replacement. 

JWP and McTominnay possibly later in the window. 

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

This is the problem with teams getting promoted who don't even try to stay up, as we've seen previously with Norwich and potentially now with Sheffield United and to a lesser extent Luton.

It's almost a given that those two are going down again. So your West Ham, Everton et al who might be in a relegation scrap, (I don't think for a second West Ham will, but for the sake of argument we'll include them), have to be extraordinarily shit to get relegated. It ruins the relegation battle.

If you look at how much west ham struggled with a better side with the conference league i cant see how they wont be in the mix. Rice will be a huge loss for them. I think JWP the player linked with them is not in same class.

I think as your alluded to two of the promoted clubs be in the mix, then one of everton, wolves forest Bournemouth will be in there

Their problem is moyes and his dinosaur football. On paper replacing rice with some combo of JWP, Mctominay and Gallagher ain’t necessarily that bad. But it’ll be all kick and run under moyes so nothing will come of if 

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Their problem is moyes and his dinosaur football. On paper replacing rice with some combo of JWP, Mctominay and Gallagher ain’t necessarily that bad. But it’ll be all kick and run under moyes so nothing will come of if 

I think that is bad personally

9 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I think Wolves are in big big trouble this season. I work in Wolverhampton so there's a fair few Wolves fans in the office. To say they're pessimistic about this season is an understatement

Tbf to moyes it seems every time he has a poor league season the next year he turns it around. 

West ham are as likely to get top 7 as be relegated, all u know is I wouldn't put money on either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tbf to moyes it seems every time he has a poor league season the next year he turns it around. 

West ham are as likely to get top 7 as be relegated, all u know is I wouldn't put money on either.

Can't forget they had 2x  6/7th place finishes, they genuinely were the "best of the rest" for a couple of seasons. It's a poor transfer window and the Conference League that killed them last season.

Ironically, that's why I can't see us finishing anywhere near top 6 next season. I think 10-12 and a long run in the Conference league / winners is a good season.

Announcing to the world that you're selling your best player who we all knew would go for over £100m, just as the season ends probably wasn't the best idea. They should have had an agreement with Arsenal in private that they could get their replacements in before the sale went through, a bit like we knew Grealish was off for about a month before the transfer happened. 

Now they're being quoted ridiculous amounts for players that just aren't very good, like McTominay. They should have sorted out a transfer for Ward-Prowse as soon as the season ended. 

Whatever players they do bring in, they've just missed the chance to bed them in with the pre season games. Amateur. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Announcing to the world that you're selling your best player who we all knew would go for over £100m, just as the season ends probably wasn't the best idea. They should have had an agreement with Arsenal in private that they could get their replacements in before the sale went through, a bit like we knew Grealish was off for about a month before the transfer happened. 

Now they're being quoted ridiculous amounts for players that just aren't very good, like McTominay. They should have sorted out a transfer for Ward-Prowse as soon as the season ended. 

Whatever players they do bring in, they've just missed the chance to bed them in with the pre season games. Amateur. 

They were trying to start a bidding war between City and Arsenal.

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They were trying to start a bidding war between City and Arsenal.

Fools. They should've just got Eni Aluko to message them both on the sly with whispers that the other team were bidding more than them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Problem with hammers is that they are a jammy team who pick up points even when playing a pragmatic style, we always seem to gift them points and it’s rare that we beat them so hopefully that changes soon. If they get JWP in then he will score them freekicks and they will also score from set pieces. I don’t see them going down, they are miles ahead of Everton who are the turd that won’t flush 

Â