PauloBarnesi

I actually think Maguire will be a good signing for West Ham. Will just be expected to get his head on the ball, attack set-pieces and not really needing to play out from the back. Think it will suit his game. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I actually think Maguire will be a good signing for West Ham. Will just be expected to get his head on the ball, attack set-pieces and not really needing to play out from the back. Think it will suit his game. 

I agree. Much like when he was decent at Leicester before his United day's.

He's still going to have more than his fair share of brain farts but they probably won't be caused by trying to play out from the back quite so regularly. 

if they can get 75 mil for him then they should take it imo, if they dont sell he will end up leaving on a free or on the cheap like felipe anderson and manuel lanzini who they had big hopes for. Fornals was the cheapest of their attacking minded midfielders and has done the best. The problem is if they get 75 mil for Paqueta then they will sign 2/3 average players with 0 resale value rather than astute signings like Emery and Monchi would make. The signings would be good for 2 or 3 seasons maybe, not pulling up any trees, but then you are in the same position with no assets to sell to fund the future....i don't see man city paying out that much for him and he will most likely stay, got a 4 year deal and his 85 mil release clause kicks in from next summer

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Fear not West Ham fans, you’re going to be okay, Danny Murphy says so. The man who said Emery wasn’t an upgrade on Gerrard couldn’t be wrong. Could he?

Is he actually wrong though? I mean yes it's certainly possible that there won't be much resale value in them (though they're 28, 26 and 25 so it's not *impossible*) but given that Rice was always leaving, is that not a basically adequate mid-table midfield for 2 or 3 years?

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is he actually wrong though? I mean yes it's certainly possible that there won't be much resale value in them (though they're 28, 26 and 25 so it's not *impossible*) but given that Rice was always leaving, is that not a basically adequate mid-table midfield for 2 or 3 years?

Can’t stand the bloke…. even if he is right he’s wrong in my eyes lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

For some reason West Ham have been a bit of a bogey side for us since we came back. Wouldn't mind seeing them get relegated. 

Before that too. Ever since they came back up in 2011. We did the double over them the season they were relegated. Since then the only win I can remember was a home win in 2013 maybe? Charles N'Zogbia winner of all things.

• Like 3

Just now, Keyblade said:

Before that too. Ever since they came back up in 2011. We did the double over them the season they were relegated. Since then the only win I can remember was a home win in 2013 maybe? Charles N'Zogbia winner of all things.

Tactics Tim got a win v them too in 2015, but yeah definitely a bit of a bogey team.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That was a beautiful free kick from nzogbia, I was right behind the goal in L5 lower holte, we really needed the points in those games too…we played QPR that season and think it was 3-2 with benteke getting some important goals 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Tactics Tim got a win v them too in 2015, but yeah definitely a bit of a bogey team.

That's the one I was thinking about. The 2013 was Benteke 1-0 from a penalty iirc, when we were really struggling. Was such an important win. Lambert knew how to pull a rabbit out of the hat when we really needed it.

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

That was a beautiful free kick from nzogbia, I was right behind the goal in L5 lower holte, we really needed the points in those games too…we played QPR that season and think it was 3-2 with benteke getting some important goals 

It was 3-3 I think, and Benteke scored a hat trick. Goal from a free kick as well, the first time he ever took one. We were playing some nice stuff for that brief period. Who knew how bad it was going to get.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's the one I was thinking about. The 2013 was Benteke 1-0 from a penalty iirc, when we were really struggling. Was such an important win. Lambert knew how to pull a rabbit out of the hat when we really needed it.

I think the 2013 one was 2-1, including an N'Zogbia freekick that @Villatillidie95 mentioned but you are correct Benteke scored a pen too

Edited by villan95
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It was 3-3 I think, and Benteke scored a hat trick. Goal from a free kick as well, the first time he ever took one. We were playing some nice stuff for that brief period. Who knew how bad it was going to get.

the 3-3 was 2015 but we beat them 3-2 in 2013

• Like 2

Â