PauloBarnesi

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Think they were solid but nothing spectacular for the last 3 years, and more often enough they had Soucek who pops up with unexpected winners. I noticed he is still in their first team but only scored 1 this season.

Dawson was another that would cause trouble for the opposition but he also doesnt seem to be playing as much

I think they tried to change the style bringing in Paqueta and has failed badly

Moved from the Ings thread

West Ham tried to sign Ings when we did.

Would probably suite either Moyes or Dyche.

There was a big roomy earlier in the week that they were lining up Benitez.

And Moyes back to Everton.

WIth possibly Antonio to follow him, but would be surprised if West Ham allowed a relegation rival to have Antonio and as Everton seemingly have no money would have to be a loan at that.

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why do West Ham have a big sign at their ground saying “The Academy of Football”? 🧐

They historically have had a good academy. And of course they won the World Cup.

Antonio is in talks about a move away from the club after 8 and a half years there. Wolves, Everton and apparently Chelsea want him on loan which seems mad but he would probably do a better job than their recent strikers tbf. They dont want to sell rn as Ings picked up his recent injury

I’m not sure how they’re doing this bad, but I don’t think they’ll continue. We just have to continue winning and keep the gap between us and (West Ham and Leicester) particularly. They have quality to turn things, but could easily get dragged in the relegation battle (West Ham was there in our first season when they shouldn’t). But after that they went directly to Europe for the last two years. I don’t think they’re a long term threat as Newcastle, but they currently have the quality and finance. They’re not as terrible in terms of management as Everton, but again they’re not good as Newcastle or Brighton. 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They could easily win the conference league and get relegated to the championship, have Europa League to contend with while down there.

Definitely some terrible teams in the conference league, not taking anything away from teams that win it though absolute slog of a competition.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Football finances are broken but if Declan Rice goes for anything near 100 million its time to close the game down

Basically jogs around the middle of the pitch. Not creating anything. Not stopping anything. Occasionally doing a safe 5 yard pass. 

I don't think he's that bad at stopping

For me it's more about £100m+ being top 6, CL chasing teams where they'll look to dominate team including the likes of us trying to get to 60% possession giving this guy 60 to 80 touches per match and for one which I always think for England firstly his movement is nowhere near good enough and he doesn't show and want the ball in good positions let alone then what he does when he gets on the ball 

He's not a top class modern holding midfielder, he's a throw back and English so the media lap it up 

I'm a fan but he was poor today. Was way off the pace and very lucky not to concede a pen in second half and he knew it.

Not sure if it's fatigue (given he's played non stop for 4-5 years for club and country) or pressure of being the standard bearer of trying to keep them up.

Anyway Arsenal link keeps popping up so see if anything happens there as he will be going somewhere in a few months time.

• Like 1

Â