PauloBarnesi

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2023 at 09:19, StefanAVFC said:

Paqueta is so insanely overrated.

So is, Declan Rice. Okay he does a bit, but he's not consistent and far from world class, he's a £50 million pound midfielder. I wouldn't be desperate to sign him if we had a chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Fair play to them

may be a confirmation bias thing or me not living in England but I feel this is getting a lot less coverage than man city getting onto champions league final but for me it’s just as impressive 

West Ham in Europe next season is good for us. The better English teams do in all three Euro competitions, the higher England’s coefficient will be, and more chance of that 5th CL spot for the new CL in 24/25.

• Thanks 1

On 22/04/2023 at 12:38, foreveryoung said:

So is, Declan Rice. Okay he does a bit, but he's not consistent and far from world class, he's a £50 million pound midfielder. I wouldn't be desperate to sign him if we had a chance.

With the cost of living I definitely wouldn’t pay for Paqueta Rice.

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Deluded fan base alert 

Not because of the club tho just because of London. 

And I don't believe that makes them more attractive than Villa. 

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It’s definitely not them, but is it us?  I reckon it’s us.  Maybe I’m deluded though 🤔 

As a player you want to be joining a club on an upward trajectory, and I think Villa are that.

• 2 weeks later...

West Ham get right up my nose.I still remenber ( and cant forgive and forget ) the time they turned up at VP in their home strip and Villa changed into their away strip for that game.FFS are we supposed to believe that Wet Spam did not know what our home strip was ?!

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So is the European Conference thing any better than the Intertoto Cup?

Villa won the Intertoto twice but I can't remember there being much media fuss about it.

I'd say it has significantly more prestige, yes.

The intertoto was a pre season competition, with multiple winners each season, in the seasons we "won" it and have it on our Honours page, there were 5 and 10 other "winners".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

West Ham get right up my nose.I still remenber ( and cant forgive and forget ) the time they turned up at VP in their home strip and Villa changed into their away strip for that game.FFS are we supposed to believe that Wet Spam did not know what our home strip was ?!

Not quite right- they turned up in their away kit which was light blue but it was too similar to claret and blue so we had to play in the away kit as well. 

The mind does boggle though at how you can design an away kit so similar to your home colours that it ends up clashing with another team playing in those colours. Do the cockney words removed not know what an away kit is for?! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Moyes already clashing with their new German DoF, apparently. (Formerly of Leverkusen). The German wants to buy cheaper European players, Moyes wants proven Prem players like JWP, Gallagher, McTominay, etc., who would cost more. They got a huge windfall from the Rice sale, but are yet to sign anyone, so this will be interesting to watch. An early power struggle...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Moyes already clashing with their new German DoF, apparently. (Formerly of Leverkusen). The German wants to buy cheaper European players, Moyes wants proven Prem players like JWP, Gallagher, McTominay, etc., who would cost more. They got a huge windfall from the Rice sale, but are yet to sign anyone, so this will be interesting to watch. An early power struggle...

Yeah, it's hard to see this marriage working out. The weird thing about Moyes is he actually used to be quite 'brave' and wide-ranging in where he got players from when he started out at Everton, but as he's gotten older he's just gotten more and more conservative. 

I know who's side I'd be on, I'd be fuming if our PL old boy manager was insisting on PL old boys

Sounds like scamacca is on his way to roma though, they've got a terrible record with big transfers, these English guys are safe and boring but at the same time will improve them

They're being linked with Tah from leverkusen for £17m, if they push for maguire for £30m ish over that then they're **** stupid

Â