Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

obviously i don't want to be negative as Gueye signing and Delph staying have been huge positives but I do feel nervous about our rate of progress in the transfer market, hopefully a lot more is happening in the background. Feels like the exciting links to Praet, Amavi, Cherry and Boielsen were either pipedreams or just not happening.

Don't think Townshed is worth more than 10 mil, but he's English so you have to add an extra 25% fee onto what he might be worth.

bare in mind we also have to sort out a new striker when Tekkers moves to Liverpool or Manure as I can't see him doing a Delph.  If we rely on Gabby and Kozak for goals we are as good as down, although i hope Libor can be an asset next season.

Edited by VillanousOne

Steady, window's only been open 12 days.

You're right Townsend isn't worth the fees being spouted, but he's only 23 and had we produced him we'd probably not be wanting to let him go on the cheap. In terms of value though then we have to go shopping on the continent. 

If Liverpool are swapping Sterling for Benteke and still retaining £18m in the bank, that is an exceptional piece of business of Liverpool's part.

Almost rivals the ridiculous fee they robbed from Chelsea via Torres.

We can find any winger on the continent that can do what he can

Cut in and shoot wide for 1 - 2 mill

Really that's all he can do? Must be easy to get England caps these days!

See: Jamie Vardy.

Transfers fees keep going up so guess 15 mil is not that huge for a young English player these days.

Probably not for football in general but for us as a club it most certainly is.

Yes but we need to spend big otherwise we'll have another relegation battle on. With the extra sky revenue 15 mil is not the much. 

• Like 1

Townsend - Gil - Grealish as a 3 has potential to be a beautiful thing. 

Gil coudl turn out to be pap though and grealish might pick up a smack habit and we might not sign Townsend ;)

50/50

• Like 2

Transfers fees keep going up so guess 15 mil is not that huge for a young English player these days.

Probably not for football in general but for us as a club it most certainly is.

Yes but we need to spend big otherwise we'll have another relegation battle on. With the extra sky revenue 15 mil is not the much.

£15m over two players possibly. Genuinely can't see us spending £15m on one player and if we do it would most likely be a striker as they come at a premium.

Bacuna - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Delph - Gay

Townsend         Gil           Grealish

Benteke

Looks decent to me....

That would also give us squad depth with okore, westwood, sanchez, sinclair and gabby.

I'd be very happy with that.

• Like 1

We can find any winger on the continent that can do what he can

Cut in and shoot wide for 1 - 2 mill

Really that's all he can do? Must be easy to get England caps these days!

Paul Konchesky, Matt Jarvis, and Ryan Mason say hello.
And how many caps do all these players have....

Did they have 9 caps and 3 goals at age 23?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa