Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Any credibility to the Praet rumours?

Not sure how credible they are but a belgian reporter who is normally spot on said the other day we had been offered him and we are interested. SO hopefully that means yes.

Would be a class signing if we got him on board. If we signed him. Still need a CB, LB and possibly a RB, if we could also keep Benteke i would be very happy with our squad going into the new season.

A lot of ifs and buts, still plenty of time though :)

Not sure if it would actually work but Gueye, Sanchez and then Delph, Praet and Grealish looks great on paper in a 4-2-3-1 narrow.

This !

I would maybe switch Gueye and Delph, i believe Gueye likes to get forward a bit more from the little amounts ive seen of him. but we would have Westwood and Gards as back up to them.

Then we would have Gil and Nzog as back up to the 3. I would prefer us to get rid of Nzog tbh, maybe replace him with Townsend if we could get him for around 10 mil. I wouldnt pay anymore then that for him though!

Sounds good to me that!

Edited by leighavfc

Westwood/Sanchez

Gueye/Gardner       Delph

Praet/Gil         Grealish/Sinclair

That looks a solid midfield to me. Can play 4 or 5 comfortably even with injuries, I'd be happy with that.

Edited by dweldon1

HITC reporting Mason Holgate (Barnsley) could be signing in the next few days.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/11/report-aston-villa-close-to-another-signing-barnsleys-mason-holg/

All for this signing, probably a low fee, young and english. I would like us to push Bacuna a bit further up and this lad will give Hutton some competition at RB

EDIT: Article is from the Sun

1m I think I saw when the story broke last week

Borini was left out of Liverpool's squad for their preseason. A cheap bid might be worth it. He isn't the best, but he can play multiple positions and we still need another striker.

We should be looking to add better players to te squad.. Not others' cast offs.. You've even said he's not the best...
He is also looking crazy wages. 80k he was looking this time last season
Similarly, I see Balotelli isn't going with his Pudlian team mates on tour. I can't help but wonder if Timmy might be the man to help him get his mojo back. Seems he's gone off his crazy disruptive behaviour from a few years back, but Liverpool would be VERY interested in listening to offers, so perhaps a cheeky, low bid?

I see Balotelli isn't going with his Pudlian team mates on tour. I can't help but wonder if Timmy might be the man to help him get his mojo back. Seems he's gone off his crazy disruptive behaviour from a few years back, but Liverpool would be VERY interested in listening to offers, so perhaps a cheeky, low bid?

Wages.

He did indeed get compassionate leave earlier, but was back in training early this week, before he was expected to according to my Pool-following friend. Several reports takes his omission as a clear sign of not being in Rodgers' plans. Wages is, of course, a potentially big stumbling block, but if we get him cheaply enough there are ways around that.

Anyway, my post can be filed under "it would be interesting if...".

Not interested in players, who play when they feel like it.....we have had our fair share of them over the years.

I would like to see a player come in who constantly world the opposition back line.......like Dean Saunders.

Dwight Gayle might be worth a punt.

Offers more goals than Gabby/n'zog, knows how to play off CB, as Palace play the same system, got 1:2? last year for Palace.

We don't get enough players in and around CB quick enough.Gabby and N'Zog are never going to do it.

Wouldn't go anywhere near Balotelli tbh

• Like 1

A player does not just become shite over night, we have seen this with many players over the years, including ones we have signed who have done well. Apparently he is over most of his behavioral problems. Say for instance they offered 28 mill plus Balotelli on loan, and we signed another striker like Austin etc. I would not be averse to it, with them also paying a huge chunk of the wage of course! I actually think less pressure could probably work wonders for him. As said above, better teams than us would still be in for him so we need not over flatter ourselves.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN