Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I like Townsend as a player, if we signed him he'd be one of our best players.

I'm not even trying to slag the guy for the sake of it but I genuinely don't think that would be true. For me he is very one-dimensional. He has one trick that he's good at but he'll be figured out very quickly by the Premier League (if he hasn't already). Even Spurs fans who have long-suffered Aaron Lennon's one trick were scratching their heads when Lennon was loaned to Everton. When Spurs fans are choosing someone over you that has no surprises left in his locker then that's a fairly damning indictment too.

Being linked with Sergi Darder.

http://www.calcionews24.com/l-aston-villa-vuole-chiudere-per-darder-450068.html

CALCIOMERCATO INTER ROMA ASTON VILLA Darder -

After toying with the idea of playing in the Italian league for Sergi Darder I can open wide the doors of the Premier League. The Spanish midfielder ofMálaga , has learned by our staff, it is close to closing with Aston Villa. There is an agreement with Malaga for a figure close to ten million Euros but the club of Birmingham should be finalized before the two supplies.

ROME WINDOW - Darder like Inter and love to Rome where he Sabatini in a fan. The player and his entourage are in question with Aston Villa and could come soon for the white smoke.

Can't say I know much about him.
He was linked few weeks back too

Doubt were after another DM

Edited by KSV

I think we could get 3 people better than Townsend for 15mil. 

As in all 3 cost a combined £15m.  I agree.  He's the worst combination in terms of over-valuation. He's English.  (Somehow) a current international, plays in London and of all clubs he plays for Spurs.  You couldn't make up a more over-valued tick list than that.  I wouldn't mind if he was actually any good.

That's what I meant, yeah. I obviously agree with you here - just definitely isn't worth the dough.

I think it's a lazy journo link. Certainly hoping it is anyway. 

Being linked with Sergi Darder.

http://www.calcionews24.com/l-aston-villa-vuole-chiudere-per-darder-450068.html

CALCIOMERCATO INTER ROMA ASTON VILLA Darder -

After toying with the idea of playing in the Italian league for Sergi Darder I can open wide the doors of the Premier League. The Spanish midfielder ofMálaga , has learned by our staff, it is close to closing with Aston Villa. There is an agreement with Malaga for a figure close to ten million Euros but the club of Birmingham should be finalized before the two supplies. 

ROME WINDOW - Darder like Inter and love to Rome where he Sabatini in a fan. The player and his entourage are in question with Aston Villa and could come soon for the white smoke

Can't say I know much about him.

Bare ganja in Brum to produce that white smoke.

I just think there is a lot more to come from Sanchez but Westwood is as good as he is going to get. Wouldn't be bothered if either of them left to be honest.

I expect that Westwood will be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

I disagree. Squad player at best.

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does.  But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is by far the more demanding and difficult.  His task is to run the show.  Sanchez's is to break things up.

• Like 2

I just think there is a lot more to come from Sanchez but Westwood is as good as he is going to get. Wouldn't be bothered if either of them left to be honest.

I expect that Westwood will be one of the first names on the team sheet next season.

I disagree. Squad player at best.
Squad player yeah.had a better season than Sanchez

to move Weshwood on and keep Sanchez because he does well for his country is idiotic

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does. But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is the more demanding and difficult. His task is to run the show. Sanchez's is to break things up.

I can't work out what Westwoods role actually is. He has a good touch and reads the game well but is pretty ineffective at attacking and also pretty average at defending. He seems to be good at passing the ball around the middle of the pitch.

• Like 2

IMO Sanchez is better at what he does than Westwood is at what he does.  But they both do very different things and Westwood's position is by far the more demanding and difficult.  His task is to run the show.  Sanchez's is to break things up.

At his best, Sanchez is the better player.

But that appears to be about one game in ten. When he's bad, he's shocking.

Westwood is far more consistent.

Obviously, the hope is that Sanchez will settle more this season and improve his consistency. But in the immediate future it should be Westwood starting ahead of Sanchez.