Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

For a low fee and low subsidised wages I'd do it. He scores goals, he is a very decent player if you can get him motivated which it looks like Sherwood can do.

If Benteke is going I am struggling to think of a better like for like player we could realistically attract.

I know he's mental but if Sherwood can keep him happy for a year or two I think it would be worth it.

I personally think the chap is a scrote but under TS a year ago, Adebayor scored 15 times in 30 or so matches. That's as many as Andi Weimann scored in his five years at the club, and we sold him for £2 million.

Adebayor for £5m on £50k a week, in today's market, would represent great value. That's about as much as we spent on Marlon Harewood for God's sake.

What's one extra place in the league worth these days, £3m?

Anyone who is convinced he wouldn't score enough wouldn't score enough goals over two seasons to earn us another few points needs their head checked imo.

What's one extra place in the league worth these days, £3m?

Anyone who is convinced he wouldn't score enough wouldn't score enough goals over two seasons to earn us another few points needs their head checked imo.

2 goals in 15 appearances for Spuds last season.

Signing him would be a waste of a squad spot, let alone anything else.

I'd far rather we gave the opportunities to play to one of the kids rather than throw Adebayor any money at all. Hasn't been the same player since he believed his own hype and left Arsenal. 

We should be looking elsewhere. 

Aston Villa further boost to sign ex River Plate ace after talks

Cagliari News 24 have claimed today a move forTernana forward Felipe Avenatti to Cagliari is looking even more unlikely after a club official confirmed a deal will be difficult. The player did seem to be on his way to the Serie B a couple of weeks ago but talks have recently ground to a halt as we reported last week. These latest developments will give Aston Villa a boost after they held talks with the player’s agent last week.

According to Cagliari News 24 a deal to take the former River Plate striker to the Sardinian side is looking very complicated, and this has been backed up by one of the directors of the club. The director in question has revealed there are difficulties in sealing a deal for the Uruguayan which could allow Aston Villa to press ahead for the 22 year old.

We covered reports last week that Aston Villa had stepped up their pursuit for Avenatti and are currently in discussions with the player’s agent with regards to a move to England this summer. Last month the Premier League side registered their interested in the 22 year old striker but face competition from Leeds United and Cagliari. However, it now seems Aston Villa are looking to get ahead of their rivals by opening talks with his representatives and the youngster is expected to leave Ternana this summer in order to progress in his career.

I'm confused...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-further-boost-to-sign-ex-river-plate-ace-after-talks

Adebayor for £5m on £50k a week, in today's market, would represent great value. That's about as much as we spent on Marlon Harewood for God's sake.

Great value for who?

No resale value, if he loses interest which is bound to happen he is on big wages would make him hard to shift.

There is a reason why Spurs are trying to get shot of him and why the others also did, he may score goals but he comes with far too much baggage.

I'm confused...

Basically we've been linked with him for a while (reportedly spoke to his agent last week) and Cagliari have always been mentioned as the main rival suitor. Now they aren't signing him it would seem according to that report.

• Like 1

Cagliari News 24 have claimed today a move forTernana forward Felipe Avenatti to Cagliari is looking even more unlikely after a club official confirmed a deal will be difficult. The player did seem to be on his way to the Serie B a couple of weeks ago but talks have recently ground to a halt as we reported last week. These latest developments will give Aston Villa a boost after they held talks with the player’s agent last week.

According to Cagliari News 24 a deal to take the former River Plate striker to the Sardinian side is looking very complicated, and this has been backed up by one of the directors of the club. The director in question has revealed there are difficulties in sealing a deal for the Uruguayan which could allow Aston Villa to press ahead for the 22 year old.

We covered reports last week that Aston Villa had stepped up their pursuit for Avenatti and are currently in discussions with the player’s agent with regards to a move to England this summer. Last month the Premier League side registered their interested in the 22 year old striker but face competition from Leeds United and Cagliari. However, it now seems Aston Villa are looking to get ahead of their rivals by opening talks with his representatives and the youngster is expected to leave Ternana this summer in order to progress in his career.

I'm confused...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-further-boost-to-sign-ex-river-plate-ace-after-talks

Lord knows. We were linked by the metro it seems!

His youtube video starts with a few clips of him failing to convert chances. 

I'm confused...

Lord knows. We were linked by the metro it seems!

His youtube video starts with a few clips of him failing to convert chances. 

Sounds like my Redtube video...

• Like 3

Great value for who?

No resale value, if he loses interest which is bound to happen he is on big wages would make him hard to shift.

There is a reason why Spurs are trying to get shot of him and why the others also did, he may score goals but he comes with far too much baggage.

It's a no brainer if you pick him up on loan and spuds pay most of his wages then sign him up Tim will get the best out of him, also if you speak to spur fans they will tell you that he plays out of his skin when he is playing for a contract! it's only once he has signed the problems started!!! so loan only 

I like Townsend as a player, if we signed him he'd be one of our best players.

Agree, he was fantastic when on loan with QPR, probably the biggest reason they stayed up. He's still young, has terrific pace, isn't afraid to take players on and can shoot with either foot. I think he would prosper under Sherwood. Hope we sign him!

• Like 2