Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

A mate of mine who's a Barnsley fan reckons we're going to sign Mason Holgate from them. Apparently he's a right back but can also play centre back. 18 years old.

They rate him higher than John Stones as well!! Wouldn't mind us taking a punt on him

Edited by Villan4Life

I doubt it's us but it will be interesting to see if we are in for another DM. I suppose it depends on whether Gueye is considered as Cleverley's replacement or an upgrade on Westwood and Sanchez.

I think Gueye was the clubs Delph replacement. Think club is pretty surprised he stayed at end up. Not sure 2 deplh's are great considering where else is needed shored up. Not much could have been done given the circumstances

Few articles I read once the Delph stuff kicked off was that Gueye was signed more to replace Cleverly

Deciding to announce Gueye straight after the Delph news came out indicates to me that he was intended as his replacement. I maintain that I believe Sherwood would've gone for a more naturally offensive player to replace Cleverley.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Deciding to announce Gueye straight after the Delph news came out indicates to me that he was intended as his replacement. I maintain that I believe Sherwood would've gone for a more naturally offensive player to replace Cleverley.

Gueye looks like he can be played as a box to box type player if given the licence. I'm not sure what the intention will be for him, will he be played more conservatively with Delph being given more of a licence to go forward? Who knows. 

One things for sure is that we still lack creativity and really should be looking for an attacking midfielder to replace N'Zogbia.

Gueye looks like he can be played as a box to box type player if given the licence. I'm not sure what the intention will be for him, will he be played more conservatively with Delph being given more of a licence to go forward? Who knows. 

One things for sure is that we still lack creativity and really should be looking for an attacking midfielder to replace N'Zogbia.

Thought that was why Praet was linked as he is attacking midfielder!

Hakim Ziyech would be a good one to look at in Erdivisie!! Has impressed for both Heerenveen and Twente..

A mate of mine who's a Barnsley fan reckons we're going to sign Mason Holgate from them. Apparently he's a right back but can also play centre back. 18 years old.

They rate him higher than John Stones as well!! Wouldn't mind us taking a punt on him
That's exactly what my mate said too (the John Stones bit)
  • Like 2

I doubt it's us but it will be interesting to see if we are in for another DM. I suppose it depends on whether Gueye is considered as Cleverley's replacement or an upgrade on Westwood and Sanchez.

I think Gueye was the clubs Delph replacement. Think club is pretty surprised he stayed at end up. Not sure 2 deplh's are great considering where else is needed shored up. Not much could have been done given the circumstances

Few articles I read once the Delph stuff kicked off was that Gueye was signed more to replace Cleverly

I thought Gueye had previously been compared to Ramires?  Slight build, breaks up play/reads the game well and has "recently added goals to his game" too.  Sounds like an all-round box-to-box player from what I've heard - never seen him play, mind.

If thats the case how come they got 3 mill for stones and only want 1 for holgate

Balotelli would have better offers anyway, and so wouldn't sign for us.

If you say so. Liverpool have offered him to clubs with £2m as an incentive to take him and they've said no thanks. They can't even give the word removed away with money in his pockets.
  • Like 1

Balotelli would have better offers anyway, and so wouldn't sign for us.

If you say so. Liverpool have offered him to clubs with £2m as an incentive to take him and they've said no thanks. They can't even give the word removed away with money in his pockets.

How do we know this? If it's true there must be some catch. I'm fairly confident that if he leaves Liverpool, it'll be to a club currently enjoying a lot more success than we are at the moment or one with a lot more money than we have.

Edited by useless

If thats the case how come they got 3 mill for stones and only want 1 for holgate
Not being psychic I don't know Edited by AstonMartyn88