Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Must be me as I like Townsend and think he'll be a decent option for us

Nope not just you, I dont think he is as bad as some suggest

I remember a few seasons ago he single handingly destroyed us

I'll take him but not for 15m

The money has changed. I think he's a £10m player in old money, I don't think £15m for a regular England international is too wide of the mark.

Things just haven't really worked out for him at Spurs. Sherwood will know him well though and would likely back himself to get the best out of him.

I'd take him.

• Like 2

Id take Townsend, definitely.

He's young and English so the money is always going to be higher, but we need genuine first place contenders in. We've let a lot of players go, players who Sherwood didn't think would feature, so we need to bring in players now who he thinks can feature.

Yes, I think he's a little one dimensional, but that one dimension can be bloody handy in certain games. It was handy enough to get him 3 goals for England.

Is Townsend 7x the player Sinclair is? £15m is too much for him. I'd go as far as £10m but still think that's over priced. You can get better value abroad and probably better quality.

• Like 1

We can find any winger on the continent that can do what he can

Cut in and shoot wide for 1 - 2 mill

Really that's all he can do? Must be easy to get England caps these days!
Paul Konchesky, Matt Jarvis, and Ryan Mason say hello.
And how many caps do all these players have....

Did they have 9 caps and 3 goals at age 23?

treble the goals of the 49million signing ;)

Townsend would be a class signing for us! People go on about Gil as if hes messi, when really in all his games hes mustered one good performance.

Biggest load of cobblers I've read all day.

which part?

Townsend would be a class signing for us! People go on about Gil as if hes messi, when really in all his games hes mustered one good performance.

Biggest load of cobblers I've read all day.

which part?

The whole thing. We played like shite against Fulham yesterday and Gil was about the only player with class.

If we have a limited budget, and are going to spend most of it on Townsend, I would not be thrilled by this signing.

However, if we can bring in Praet, Amavi, Townsend and Milosevic, without selling Benteke, then our squad would start to look like the top-half squad we should have.

If we have a limited budget, and are going to spend most of it on Townsend, I would not be thrilled by this signing.

However, if we can bring in Praet, Amavi, Townsend and Milosevic, without selling Benteke, then our squad would start to look like the top-half squad we should have.

Ha... you are killing me with your wit, please stop.

Surely Benteke is off now. I think utd will come in for him too. We needed a striker anywau although Kozak is back. Austin Gabby Kozak enough or do we need another?