Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

im a very very happy villain with this years window so far and fair play to tim for getting rid of the players that had the losing mentality im very hopefull thats from here on in its onwards and upwards for villa!!!

On reflection we are better of for losing Delph, Vlaar and Cleverly, acted as the kick up the arse we needed.

It still has to click on the pitch however.

Putting renewed optimism aside, top ten is a big ask. Would be happy with a safe 12th given our new look and inevitable settling in. Still feel we will be shipping goals against more technically adept managers. Tackling the attach and goal scoring record was no1 priority, thats certainly ticked off. 

• Like 1

We've rebuilt the entire team.  I think we need to show patience this year and see how it sets us up for the following season.  I think 11th/12th would be fine but I can see us possibly sneaking in a top half finish if a few things click early.

im a very very happy villain with this years window so far and fair play to tim for getting rid of the players that had the losing mentality im very hopefull thats from here on in its onwards and upwards for villa!!!

Have you done something criminal?

• Like 2

We've rebuilt the entire team. I think we need to show patience this year and see how it sets us up for the following season. I think 11th/12th would be fine but I can see us possibly sneaking in a top half finish if a few things click early.

Nah bollocks. Top 6 or GTFO.

• Like 4

I think were a quality CB short of a comfortable top 10 side now

As someone (who I think is on VT) said on twitter earlier. Now imagine this squad if it still contained Delph, Benteke and Vlaar. Hypothetically the only difference is about £40m quid which in the grand scheme of things isn't actually a huge amount. Just goes to show you what could be achieved if you had a chairman who really opened the NET chequebook. We'd be challenging for Europa League I

Delph would not get in the team.

Couple of things, because I can't make up my mind. Are we taking a risk by signing so many players this summer? Especially players who have not played in the premier league before? Im concerned that we may become the next Sunderland when they bought about 35 players one summer and struggled....

Edited by Tayls

Couple of things, because I can't make up my mind. Are we taking a risk by signing so many players this summer? Especially players who have not played in the premier league before? Im concerned that we may become the next Sunderland when they bought about 35 players one summer and struggled....

It would have been a bigger risk not to sign lots of players. I can find nothing negative about this window myself and I'm sure they will gel pretty quickly having come from similar backgrounds.

• Like 1

Sunderland that summer (2 years ago) bought a load of tatt such as that italian midfielder Giaccherini (8mil) and a load of cheap signings and freebies (Modibo Diakité, El Hadji Ba, Valentine Roberge, Cabral, Jozy Altidore)  similar to what Lambert did the same summer with Luna, Tonev, Helenius..

What we are doing at the moment is hardly comparable to Sunderland or Villa's signings that pre-season!! We are buying very highly rated players much more highly rated than either team's signings of 2013/2014

Edited by Villan4Life

I think bringing in a load of new players in the first summer isn't that bad as all the players new and old will be getting a new message from the coach. Bringing in loads every summer can't be good though especially the higher up you go. I think Liverpool will struggle because of this whereas we should get a decent improvement. Then after this summer we will only need 2/3 improvements year on year. I still don't think we are quite finished buying though.

I predict after the 1st 6 games we will be in the top 4. If we are hanging around 7th place in december, then we should go for it and sign a couple of big impact players in january,

#laughablyoptimistic

If we had'nt have done we would be relegated.I am properly looking forward to this season. Its definitely isn't going to be boring.