Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we are buying for profit more than success. Its obvious we will never be top 4 now with the big boys so may as well aim as high as we can and make some money on the way, as we know of any of these players become top quality they could be gone in a season.

You can never say never! Liverpool, Spurs and Everton have all finished top four in the last 10 years or so and Man City were no where not so long ago. If we build properly who knows where we can go. By buying potential and selling down the line we can grow the club. Players are a commodity to get us where we want to be. The more successful we are the more appealing purchase we'll be down the line. This is a cracking window let's hope that translates to the pitch.

• Like 1

Well I was clearly wrong about nothing happening. I'm a bit concerned by some of the links. Appears we've gone a bit mad.

Ayew adebayor berbatov and gestede wouldn't be great business imo. Too many that are risks. They all are really.

There is nothing in the Berbatov link clearly.

I've missed that then. Not really read much else about it other than we were interested.

If we are signing Gestede and Adebayor there is no space for Berbatov, it's BS.

So if these transfers end up like it look atm, we might possibly end up with the tallest strike force (Gestede, Adebayor, Kozak), and the shortest back 4 (Hutton, Richards, Okore, Amavi) in the Premier League?

So if Adebayor, veretout, Gestede and possibly a centre back sign, what way does that leave our squad in regards to the 25 man limit?

Hmm certainly need to see a few exit that is for sure.

I was thinking the same. Hopefully a few will go out on deadline day. Y'know, so we've still got something to watch  :)

• Like 1

out of the shit thats left though at least we dont have 3/4 of them on >£40k a week anymore

its looking like nzogbia will be the only high earner who's not on our squad list, and based on his twitter this week i dont expect him to here come 1st september anyway

not being able to shift tonev and bennett, who can only be on £30k a week between them, isnt the end of the world

Before this transfer window started I was struggling to pick 11 players I wanted on the pitch.

Now I'm struggling to decide who I want to leave off the bench. All very exciting stuff. Can't wait for the Bournemouth match to see how they shape up.

We didn't enquire about Berbatov. He offered himself to us. Other teams too as he wants to rejoin the premier league.

Heard it on 5Live about 1:30am last night.

Well if all this speculation comes off, we must have polished off all the money we've generated through sales and then some?

But how is our net Spend?

a ) Longer than Delap's throw.

b ) More recognisable than Thom Yorke.

c ) Greater than the number of concurrent loans from ManUre in 1 season.

d ) All of the above.

;)

Edited by ozvillafan