Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we are buying for profit more than success. Its obvious we will never be top 4 now with the big boys so may as well aim as high as we can and make some money on the way, as we know of any of these players become top quality they could be gone in a season.

Don't see the issue with this. Players' values and success will go hand in hand. At least now we're on the ladder and if these guys are successful we'll slowly start to climb it either by selling them and reinvesting or by utilising their talents on the pitch.

Southampton are a few rungs above us, but at least we're not standing looking at the ladder as we have been until now.

• Like 2

Well if all this speculation comes off, we must have polished off all the money we've generated through sales and then some?

But how is our net Spend?

a ) Longer than Delap's throw.

b ) More recognisable than Thom Yorke.

c ) Greater than the number of concurrent loans from ManUre in 1 season.

d ) All of the above.

;)

I'm gonna go with d, can I phone a friend? 50:50?

• Like 1

I see quite a few people quoting 'whispers_listen' from Twitter. Hes a fake/fraud. He deletes tweets and deliberately covers his writing style because he is '@AVFC the window/Next match' in disguise. Both the same person.

AVFC transfer tweet may also be the same person as the people above.

Just kids messing about.

Need a quality defender in now, Senderos isn't getting a look in and Baker looks to be on his way, Crespo is an unknown quantity at this stage and Okore is out til September. We could start the season with only Clark, Richards and Crespo as our only senior centre backs which could cause us issues if we get injuries or suspensions.

Edited by Bunnski

So if Adebayor, veretout, Gestede and possibly a centre back sign, what way does that leave our squad in regards to the 25 man limit?

Hmm certainly need to see a few exit that is for sure.

Id be looking to find Herd somewhere to go to. Loan or sell Seigrist. Loan out Steer. Sell or loan out Donacien. That gets us (without any more ins/outs) back down to 25.

If we could offload Cissokho, Bennett, Nzogbia and Tonev that would leave room for a couple of strikers and a couple of midfielders which is what I think we need.

Senderos and Cole are in their last year and if anyone wanted them I'd be happy to let them leave but would need replacing like for like.

If Baker is to go then like Senderos would need a like for like replacement. Bacuna and Gardner would have 6 months to earn a new contract.

Clark needs a new deal. After that and if we had any budget left I'd be thinking Hutton and Richardson are replaceable.

So if Adebayor, veretout, Gestede and possibly a centre back sign, what way does that leave our squad in regards to the 25 man limit?

Id be looking to find Herd somewhere to go to. Loan or sell Seigrist. Loan out Steer. Sell or loan out Donacien. That gets us (without any more ins/outs) back down to 25.

If we could offload Cissokho, Bennett, Nzogbia and Tonev that would leave room for a couple of strikers and a couple of midfielders which is what I think we need.

Senderos and Cole are in their last year and if anyone wanted them I'd be happy to let them leave but would need replacing like for like.

If Baker is to go then like Senderos would need a like for like replacement. Bacuna and Gardner would have 6 months to earn a new contract.

Clark needs a new deal. After that and if we had any budget left I'd be thinking Hutton and Richardson are replaceable.

Would this mean we still adhere to the '8 home grown' player rule?

I see quite a few people quoting 'whispers_listen' from Twitter. Hes a fake/fraud. He deletes tweets and deliberately covers his writing style because he is '@AVFC the window/Next match' in disguise. Both the same person.

AVFC transfer tweet may also be the same person as the people above.

Just kids messing about.

That is correct - He got it the wrong way around once and posted some mangled garbage meant for whispers on the next match account before realising and deleting.

Not that it matters. If you've not got anything in your life so you have to have two bollocks ITK accounts then as long as it keeps you happy....

Thought Herd had been released???

Thought Herd had been released???

Maybe Whispers knows something about Herd

Thing is, if the veretout deal falls through which is looking very possible then we have signed ayew and crespo after we lost benteke and delph. When we lost them we all thought the worst, does ayew and crespo change that much? Everyone is saying what a wonderful window it is but allot of it is just rumour for now

Thing is, if the veretout deal falls through which is looking very possible then we have signed ayew and crespo after we lost benteke and delph. When we lost them we all thought the worst, does ayew and crespo change that much? Everyone is saying what a wonderful window it is but allot of it is just rumour for now

looking very possible? where did you pluck that from?

oooooo deadline day on sky is going to be exciting this year...

it looks like we'll be done well before then so it should be quiet, hopefully a few out

"according to sky sports sauces charles nzogbia has just been spotted at the hawthorns"

shutterstock_140618458-e1426242091675.jp

Herd is out of contract but still training with us I thought, having turned down a 3 month contract from Sherwood. bit of a stretch to mention him maybe but I stillwant him to find somewhere else to go.

Well if he is he has managed to not appear in a single training picture , and if he is training with us he is not being paid and not counted as a part of the squad.

looking very possible? where did you pluck that from?

He's trolling you.

Even IF the Veretout deal falls through, I doubt that means they will simply throw their hands up and say "oh well we tried".

Some people eh.