Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So if Adebayor, veretout, Gestede and possibly a centre back sign, what way does that leave our squad in regards to the 25 man limit?

Hmm certainly need to see a few exit that is for sure.
Id be looking to find Herd somewhere to go to. Loan or sell Seigrist. Loan out Steer. Sell or loan out Donacien. That gets us (without any more ins/outs) back down to 25.

If we could offload Cissokho, Bennett, Nzogbia and Tonev that would leave room for a couple of strikers and a couple of midfielders which is what I think we need.

Senderos and Cole are in their last year and if anyone wanted them I'd be happy to let them leave but would need replacing like for like.

If Baker is to go then like Senderos would need a like for like replacement. Bacuna and Gardner would have 6 months to earn a new contract.

Clark needs a new deal. After that and if we had any budget left I'd be thinking Hutton and Richardson are replaceable.

Thought Herd had been released???

Maybe Whispers knows something about Herd

Nah he's making it up he's not he(a)rd a thing!

Thing is, if the veretout deal falls through which is looking very possible then we have signed ayew and crespo after we lost benteke and delph. When we lost them we all thought the worst, does ayew and crespo change that much? Everyone is saying what a wonderful window it is but allot of it is just rumour for now

Yes, I should imagine that, should the Veretout deal fall through, our scouting department, manager et al will sack off looking for any other deals during the entire month they would have left of the transfer window.

#wobble

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the likelihood that we will see a decent new CB come in this window Richard?

I'd love one,  wouldnt you? ;-)

Yes. Dont avoid the question. What are your thoughts on the likelihood that it will happen you tease?

I think it will,  do you?

Any thoughts on the likelihood that we will see a decent new CB come in this window Richard?

I'd love one,  wouldnt you? ;-)

Yes. Dont avoid the question. What are your thoughts on the likelihood that it will happen you tease?

I think it will,  do you?

If you do, I do! lol

If we can seal Veretout, Adebayor and Gestade we are a CB light of a proper squad with some dead wood to shift. IMO.

After that, couldn't give a monkeys about "net spend" blah blah. Who really gives a ****.

Get it done. Just over a week to go.

• Like 2

We'll sign another defender once Baker leaves but whether it is a centre-back or right-back depends the function Crespo is intended to serve.

Has to be a centre back.  We can play any of Hutton, Bacuna, Richards or, apparently, Crespo in the right back position.  Much more important to have a disciplined centre back in my opinion.

• Like 2