Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we are still £8m or so in the black. Maybe about even should Gestade complete and then depends how they account for the loan "fee" for Adabayor. 

We've enough for one more of the same kind of quality after that I'd say. Preferably an £8m French defender called Jordan.

Sound, I'm not precious on where we're at with that...just as long as we spend enough on the right players to improve the team.

I think, from what others are saying about all these guys, that we're doing just that so happy days :)

I think we are still £8m or so in the black. Maybe about even should Gestade complete and then depends how they account for the loan "fee" for Adabayor.

We've enough for one more of the same kind of quality after that I'd say. Preferably an £8m French defender called Jordan.

Sound, I'm not precious on where we're at with that...just as long as we spend enough on the right players to improve the team.

I think, from what others are saying about all these guys, that we're doing just that so happy days :)

All just my opinion. I'm with you!

Loving this window so far, however we desperately need a quality centre back IMO.

It ain't over yet....

You still expecting a low "net spend"? My maths wonder how we can still go on if we don't start net spendin'

Yes I think so.

Players are clearly going to go out so we will raise more in sales yet.

I'd have guessed at £10m net at start of window, I'd still be surprised if it was as high as £20m but have to admit I've been a little surprised by just how active we've been.

Loving this window so far, however we desperately need a quality centre back IMO.

It ain't over yet....

You still expecting a low "net spend"? My maths wonder how we can still go on if we don't start net spendin'

We still have room for one more loan too if we need it

Loving this window so far, however we desperately need a quality centre back IMO.

It ain't over yet....

Yes I think so.

I'd have guessed at £10m net at start of window, I'd still be surprised if it was as high as £20m but have to admit I've been a little surprised by just how active we've been.

Trent can you see a keeper being bought in or will be stick with Guzan?

Will it be a starting CB? He's clearly made promises to Richards about playing there and I'd be surprised if he replaces Clark.  If he does bring in someone stronger to play with Richards then I'm all for it, but not sure I can see it happening.

• Like 1

Loving this window so far, however we desperately need a quality centre back IMO.

It ain't over yet....

Yes I think so.

Trent can you see a keeper being bought in or will be stick with Guzan?

Been wondering about that myself. I have a feeling that Tim is concerned about Guzans ability to organise his defence. Hes a great shot stopper but he wouldnt have to be as busy if the lads in front of him were more organised. We could do with a GK that has a big presence. Preferably french... and called Jordan....

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

Will it be a starting CB? He's clearly made promises to Richards about playing there and I'd be surprised if he replaces Clark. If he does bring in someone stronger to play with Richards then I'm all for it, but not sure I can see it happening.

I'd say to replace Clark

I still want Richards to go to right back and we invest in a real top quality cb to play alongside Clark.

No doubt it will be Hutton and Richards first choice. Does anyone think it may have been some sort of condition that Richards made to join - he was joining to play cb?

The potential signings over the next couple of days again leaves me pondering what our preferred formation will be.

I agree with this but do I sense that Sherwood brought him in to play CB – and probably said that when he signed him. I suspect Sherwood might be a bit reluctant to go back on that now knowing Richards wants to play CB.  Of course Sherwood could just make him play RB but what does he say to Richards?  “OK, Micah I brought you in to play CB and have watched you play 3-4 few pre-season  games and you’ve done OK but I am not convinced by you there.”  Would that be fair to Richards given his pre-season performances, should he not be given a chance there even if we do sign another good quality CB?