Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The owner simply has no excuses now

Invest or were getting relegated

Making excuses would show some kind of remorse, or consideration that he has to somehow paper over his mistakes.  He does not give a flying **** about not spending money.

I'd be astonished if we signed Austin. I doubt he's even a consideration on the table. There's a rebuilding job that needs doing at Villa Park and every penny will have to be stretched and value will be a major factor in every signing. Because of that, there's no way in my mind that we even think about signing a 26yo for £15m who also has potentially suspect long term injury concerns.

We'll go for Adebayor as a value experienced proven goalscorer and then splash some cash on a young prospect who in 2/3 years we reckon we can flog for significant profit, and use the rest of the cash to repeat this for as many gaps as we can.

Our future is signing prospects for decent money and gambling on players for smaller fees and loans to bolster the immediate problems. Austin does not factor in either, IMO.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 4

We really, really better get at least one striker in asap. It will be a disaster if we go into the season with just Gabby & Kozak.

I wouldn't say it's a disaster if we go to Bournemouth with what we have now upfront. It would be a disaster come the end of the transfer window if we haven't added anyone - I'm confident we will get at least one forward. 

With Benteke gone we should have the money to buy more players now although if we were waiting for the deal to be completed before being able to sign players rather than to cushion the blow of Benteke's departure it would seem our transfer budget is little better than it has been in recent years which would not be in any way acceptable.

I hope that any delay in getting deals over the line is due to them taking a fair amount of time to be done rather than because our "custodian" is prepared to risk our top flight status yet again by not providing the sort of transfer budget that we need to stand still let alone to move upwards in the league.

He really needs to back our new manager now in the way I would suspect Tim would have been told he would be when he was interviewed for the job before keeping us up and taking us to the FA Cup Final. I wonder if he will?   

• Like 1

Absolutely correct investment with wealth and tekkers was majorly needed now theyve gone its critical. If lerner chooses to ignore the situation then he is thicker than we thought also no significant investment will seal the end of villa in the top tier lets get this right shit investment = RELEGATION you can only get lucky so many times our luck will be up and we will defo go down.

Edited by villan501

This is a big club was the marketing talk from the kit launch , a launch in which us as a big club hyped up a live stream that failed ( and has continued to fall throughout preaseason) and managed to put not one but 2 players all over the promo material that have left already !!

So stop telling us we are a big club and act on it and rebuild the team with quality players.The signings so far in fairness have been a step in right direction so lets hope thats just the start of the rebuild.

Be nice to get one marque signing in as I think we need a lift after the gut punches of Delph and Benteke going within weeks of each other.

Delph conned us all with his loyalty PR lets hope there is more substance to the clubs we are a big club PR

Edited by Nabby
  • Like 3

Yikes, people getting nervous!

How about a bunch of you Birmingham guys camp outside Villa Park like its transfer deadline day and shame the club into a quick deal.

Sir Dildohead, your stage is set!

Trust, people, believe!

Tell you what concerns me about the Villa right now, Tim Sherwood. Nothing against him at all and like the positivity he brings. But, this is his first transfer window and we are trusting this relatively inexperienced manager - together with Fox, Reilly etc - with the money from the sales of our two best players. And, not only as he got to replace those players but, he also needs to rebuild a starting eleven and a quality bench.

Most of the above needs to be done with a few weeks as well as preparing the squad for the new season.

I just hope that we are bringing in the players that the manager wants and not just what fits our budget!

Still have Cissokho to sell on as well, then I would like us to bring in Praet, Darder or Mendy, Oulare, Adebayor and a leader for the back 4. Someone who can captain the team.

As I said a couple of days ago, Swansea will take 9-10 million for Ashley Williams. I know hes nearly 31 but hes a quality CB with prem experience and happens to be captain of Swansea and Wales. He must have 2 good years left in him.

Lerner has to invest now to protect his investment, 

2 weeks before we kick off and we'r well into our annual asset striping and no new owners in sight. 

To get relegated this season will be absolutely disastrous with the new £5.5B deal kicking in play, Just hope Fox keeps reminding Lerner of the potential turmoil and devastation that lies ahead! 

6 weeks on Tuesday and the window slams shut, So Get Spending Lerner!.. 

So you're concerned about Tim's inexperience with signing players but then hope we signs the players he wants?

confused?????

Why don't we just wait and see what transpires.

Worried about his inexperience of dealing with the mechanics of the transfer market, given the amount needed?

Not necessarily his choice of players.

Absolutely correct investment with wealth and tekkers was majorly needed now theyve gone its critical. If lerner chooses to ignore the situation then he is thicker than we thought also no significant investment will seal the end of villa in the top tier lets get this right shit investment = RELEGATION you can only get lucky so many times our luck will be up and we will defo go down.

Full stops. Use them buddy.

Would love a marque signing to lift spirits as Benteke leaving I'm more gutted than I thought I would be despite us knowing he was likely to go.  I know the squad needs money spent wisely in many areas and all that, just sometimes the fans need a little lift, something to hang our hat on and be optimistic about the future rather than realistic......that's sometimes part of the fun