Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

People not reading that,  or just saying "we are all doomed" as a way of trying to rubbish it I'm afraid are burying their heads in the sand or worst putting their hands over their ears and singing "lalalalallalalalalala".  We need serious strengthening,  and we need it soon so as to stop the malaise spreading amongst what squad we have left (including the new ones) so that Sherwood has an even bigger task to try and motivate people.  

Thats why this is a huge week for us.  As it stands another long hard relegation battle is ahead.  If we make two or three decent signings then the battle may not be as hard,  but we will still have a battle next season. Grim thy have a name and it is Aston Villa

I don't need to read it to know what's happening. It's blatantly obvious what we need to do, and the consequences of not doing it.

• Like 1

People not reading that, or just saying "we are all doomed" as a way of trying to rubbish it I'm afraid are burying their heads in the sand or worst putting their hands over their ears and singing "lalalalallalalalalala". We need serious strengthening, and we need it soon so as to stop the malaise spreading amongst what squad we have left (including the new ones) so that Sherwood has an even bigger task to try and motivate people.

Thats why this is a huge week for us. As it stands another long hard relegation battle is ahead. If we make two or three decent signings then the battle may not be as hard, but we will still have a battle next season. Grim thy have a name and it is Aston Villa

Only 3 days left in this week so the club better get the finger out.

1.5 days for me when's the last time we did anything on a Saturday.

Surely we work through the weekend but announce it on the Monday for maximum press exposure?

Richard I know you enjoy being cryptic but it seems you are contradicting yourself a bit here.

Today you are saying it is a huge week because there is a big rebuild to do whereas earlier in the week you said.

I think it's a huge week.  I think we'll make a signing and I think we'll have some surprising news that none of us have speculated on.

No contradiction there.

1. Is it a huge week ? yes big rebuilding job to be done especially over replacing our best players. Still the case

2. I think we'll make a signing. I still think we will

3. Some surprising news not speculated on. I still think we'll hear some of that too

Ha OK my mistake I didnt realise you were making three claims in your original post!

I think that article is pretty on the money.

We need a series of 'big weeks' and every single thing we do in them needs to be smart and needs to be more or less instantly successful, or we are in trouble. Let's not forget that this team was shit last season and so far we've mostly gutted it with the shining lights largely joining the queue to leave sharpish, and not much coming the other way...

• Like 3

Peter Crouch, Aaron Lennon and Tom Huddlestone incoming.

Think we should go for Defoe and SWP too.

Robbie Keane or Schneider or GTFO

Edited by romavillan

Huge week for the club

Richard said this on Tuesday (the day before yesterday) so I cant believe we have so many people already writing it off saying he was way off the mark. Since he said it our best player has left and hopefully provided us with £30m+ in the kitty. With 5 days left on his prediction I would expect some signings in. Whichever way you look at it, its already a huge week for the club.

• Like 2

Richard, throw us a bone! Are any 'buses' on their way to Villa ?

Been diverted, I'd say.

Lerner is having an issue with "please tender exact fare"

• Like 1

The way i see it is as things stand today we would indeed surely go down this season with the current squad unless we got very very lucky but you'd think Randy has burned up all his luck over the last 3 seasons in that regard surely?

However it is also a great opportunity to build a better squad overall than last seasons despite the loss of the crown jewels. Yes Benteke is frankly irreplaceable on a like for like basis and we somehow have to replace his, Weimann's and Cleverley's goals just to tread water but we may already have replaced Cleverley's if Gueye knocks a few in and if Gardner & Grealish start to come of age we may have replaced Weimann's too so that leaves Benteke's which of course is the main concern. We need two strikers in for absolute definite who can replace 20 goals a season between them just to tread water but surely if we could somehow find a couple of 12 to 15 goals per season strikers then we would actually have improved?..... This is why for me it's a great opportunity....I just hope Lerner has the stomach for it and doesn't pull a number on us.

From SSN:

11:16

TRIO TARGET EAGLES STAR

Spurs, West Ham and Aston Villa have all made enquiries for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie.

And Sky Sources are telling us the Eagles are expecting a bid from at least two of those clubs.

Bolasie was particularly impressive in the second half of last season under boss Alan Pardew, even scoring a hat-trick at Sunderland.

The way i see it is as things stand today we would indeed surely go down this season with the current squad unless we got very very lucky but you'd think Randy has burned up all his luck over the last 3 seasons in that regard surely?

However it is also a great opportunity to build a better squad overall than last seasons despite the loss of the crown jewels. Yes Benteke is frankly irreplaceable on a like for like basis and we somehow have to replace his, Weimann's and Cleverley's goals just to tread water but we may already have replaced Cleverley's if Gueye knocks a few in and if Gardner & Grealish start to come of age we may have replaced Weimann's too so that leaves Benteke's which of course is the main concern. We need two strikers in for absolute definite who can replace 20 goals a season between them just to tread water but surely if we could somehow find a couple of 12 to 15 goals per season strikers then we would actually have improved?..... This is why for me it's a great opportunity....I just hope Lerner has the stomach for it and doesn't pull a number on us.

I think two strikers is exactly what we are looking at, I think we will sign a striker from abroad for a decent fee who is fairly young and also get Adebayor on loan as he has premier league experience

Huge week for the club

Richard said this on Tuesday (the day before yesterday) so I cant believe we have so many people already writing it off saying he was way off the mark. Since he said it our best player has left and hopefully provided us with £30m+ in the kitty. With 5 days left on his prediction I would expect some signings in. Whichever way you look at it, its already a huge week for the club.

I may have missed this but where and on what thread has this happened?

Edited by limvillian