Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Plenty of talk now about money having to be spent.. and by all means in a well-run football club it would be.. but would anyone really be surprised if nothing was done in the near future let alone by the weekend, eventually petering out into a loan move for Adebayor? Would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Yes, very.

• Like 1

I think the next few weeks are going to be huge for this club. With FFP I doubt we'll have a summer where we could invest over £40 million on new players anytime soon. Luckily we have an owner who never makes the wrong decision.

Well we've brought in circa 45m from player sales (Benteke, Delph, Weimann, Lowton, Sylla, etc)

Spent around 18m (Amavi, Gueye)

If we spend any less than 25-30million between now and the end of the window then it's an absolute joke from Lerner to be honest.

Im not sure where the positivity is coming from that we will start to sign players, or that we will be spending 40 million. This is Villa and im prepared for the worst. I think we will be lucky to get 2 more in, then there is the problem we might get out bid at the last minute.

I thought it was 'be prepared'

We haven't been prepared for the best part of a decade.

Aston Villa

fhdAAYnm8C-4.png

Preparing

• Like 1

ha ha, spurs are so desperate to get rid that they are probably inventing ITKs

Apparently some Villa ITK reckons Liverpool are after Zog......

Some Liverpool ITKs too I heard, must be nailed on then!

By the time they do the medical the season will nearly be over.

Im not sure where the positivity is coming from that we will start to sign players, or that we will be spending 40 million. This is Villa and im prepared for the worst. I think we will be lucky to get 2 more in, then there is the problem we might get out bid at the last minute.

Did we get outbid for Amavi? Or Marvin?

Everyone needs to chill the fudge out. The window closes well into the season this year, yes it would be best to conclude our business before end of July but lets face it, if we drop points in August because we get in quality just before the window shuts it'snot going to ruin our title push is it?

• Like 3