Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Bolasie would be an incredible signing but can't see it happening. They'd be bonkers to sell and as embarrassing as it may be we would probably be seen as a backward step for him.

Bolasie would be an incredible signing but can't see it happening. They'd be bonkers to sell and as embarrassing as it may be we would probably be seen as a backward step for him.

I'd think they'd want not far off what we got for Benteke too. File under, no chance.

I watched Bolasie towards the start of last season, before he was starting regularly and before all the hoopla and I thought he was an absolute machine. Now he'd cost a fortune and probably want a move to a side in Yurp.

Where the hell is this article from? I mean there's being realistic and negative and then there's this.

Yes we're completely rebuilding and need to re strengthen, yes we have a big season ahead and need to turn up from the off.

But we've basically been slated in that article, we have a shit manager, shit players, sold our best players and can't score goals. Aside from the facts, yes we struggled to score under PL, yes we had two players leave for bigger clubs, yes our manager is inexperienced, but ffs it's still preseason.

Have a bit of optimism lads, yes it looks bleak and if we start the season with this squad I think we'll all be sweating a bit. But over the next 38 games anything can happen. This is the one point in the season where we CAN and SHOULD be at least attempting to be optimistic

Sorry should have posted the link.  I know it comes across as biased but i don't think its far off the mark. 

http://www.football365.com/aston-villa/9921036/A-Summer-Of-Backward-Steps-At-Aston-Villa

• Like 1

€40m/£28m buys you Vidal, £24m (potentially £27m) buys you Schneiderlin. I think we'd be mad to buy from the Premier League, even Fellaini struggle when moving from Everton to United, I don't think Premier League experience is all that to be honest, all it means is higher cost, lower value, bigger wages. We do seem to be linked with every single player in France though.

Why do people believe Richard is ITK

Because when he posts things like "Welcome", we always end up signing that player a few hours later, so he's getting something from somewhere, or as he says, he's a really really good guesser :P
  • Like 2

People not reading that,  or just saying "we are all doomed" as a way of trying to rubbish it I'm afraid are burying their heads in the sand or worst putting their hands over their ears and singing "lalalalallalalalalala".  We need serious strengthening,  and we need it soon so as to stop the malaise spreading amongst what squad we have left (including the new ones) so that Sherwood has an even bigger task to try and motivate people.  

Thats why this is a huge week for us.  As it stands another long hard relegation battle is ahead.  If we make two or three decent signings then the battle may not be as hard,  but we will still have a battle next season. Grim thy have a name and it is Aston Villa

Richard,

I have to ask you this because you have mentioned several times that this is a huge week. Do you personally know, or are you being informed, that Villa will do something (not selling but buying) that will make this a huge week for the club? or, is it a case of you are simply speculating that, in your opinion, it's a huge week for the club, without any knowledge of what may or may not happen? or, is it a case of you know we are in for players but there's a chance they may not join and that's what makes it a huge week? 

See, if I knew that Villa were going to by x, y, and z player then I would post something like you have. But, if I thought to myself "with Benteke leaving, this is going to be a huge week for Villa. If they don't bring some players in this week I will be worried for us"

See my point mate? Can you throw a scrap of hope our way by saying "yeah, I know that we are looking at players and, if they sign, it will be great but, if they don't, it will be bad for us - hence it's a huge week?

Why do people believe Richard is ITK

Because when he posts things like "Welcome", we always end up signing that player a few hours later, so he's getting something from somewhere, or as he says, he's a really really good guesser [emoji14]
But anyone can say welcome when a player is heavily linked. It always seems to me he only says something when it would appear to be obvious yo happen.
  • Like 2

From SSN:

11:16

TRIO TARGET EAGLES STAR

Spurs, West Ham and Aston Villa have all made enquiries for Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie.

And Sky Sources are telling us the Eagles are expecting a bid from at least two of those clubs.

Bolasie was particularly impressive in the second half of last season under boss Alan Pardew, even scoring a hat-trick at Sunderland.

no chance Bolasie would come here even if we did have a bid accepted

Next

I think in this instance Richard is not trying to be cryptic with any ITK stuff. He's simply posting his own opinion that because of the 2 recent and very significant sales, it's a massive week for Villa in the bigger picture because they need to stop the rot.

I agree with him too. Yes we know there's time left in the transfer market, but it's not as simple as that. Would those people who are telling everyone to calm down be OK with Sherwood doing all his business on the last day? Or the 2nd last day?  If that's not the case then when would be preferable for them?  Are they fine with bringing all the replacements in after the league campaign starts but before the window ends?  There is only 2 weeks to the Bournemouth game y'know.  Even if the players arrived today, that's not a lot of time to gel.

I've said before that the transfer market is a living thing. Targets and potential transfers are moving and happening all the time. The longer you leave it, the less there is to choose from. The less time you have to integrate them into the squad and; as Richard says; the more potential unrest that may come about within your existing squad, although personally I don't believe the latter to be that big a concern.

Now as fans we obviously don't know how many irons we have in the fire at present, but we need to get them out of the fire and turn them into squad members and stop 'trying on multiple fronts'.

The fact of the matter is that this squad which barely stayed up last season CURRENTLY has not replaced the 2 best players from that season.  Not to mention a senior defender.  We can only hope we've replaced Cleverley with Gueye.

I don't see how anyone can disagree when Richard says we need serious strengthening.  If people are really looking on the bright side of losing those 2 players then maybe the image of Villa fans and Brummies being a bit on the pessimistic or miserable side is badly misplaced.

Yes there is time to rectify it all, but it absolutely needs to happen and it is far more preferable for the reasons outlined above that it be done sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

But anyone can say welcome when a player is heavily linked. It always seems to me he only says something when it would appear to be obvious yo happen.

Well if that's what you think *shrug*. You asked.