Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Hatem Ben Arfa is now at Bordeaux 

Interesting the article on Ligue 1 also stated that Jonathan David who many on here said would be a great signing for us has already been dropped to the bench at Lille 😮 

Just seen Craig Gordon recalled by Scotland. Honestly thought he'd retired about 3 years ago!

Pretty sure we were in for him one summer under MON. Many on here proclaiming him as new Lev Yashin and then he turned us down for Sunderland and suddenly wasn't very good (thought he was pretty average at Sunderland and picked up a few injuries). Think it was the summer we eventually got in Scott Carson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just seen Craig Gordon recalled by Scotland. Honestly thought he'd retired about 3 years ago!

Pretty sure we were in for him one summer under MON. Many on here proclaiming him as new Lev Yashin and then he turned us down for Sunderland and suddenly wasn't very good (thought he was pretty average at Sunderland and picked up a few injuries). Think it was the summer we eventually got in Scott Carson.

He retired for about 2 years and then signed for Celtic. Was a solid keeper but couldnt stay fit

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Steven Jovetic, another who was at city briefly. Was so highly rated, never got to the heights expected 

Injuries completely killed a big part of his younger career. Similar to Guissepe Rossi. Both should have had brilliant careers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about our relegation squad earlier, and I found myself wondering whatever happened to Carles Gil? As far as I can tell, he's currently captain of New England Revolution in MLS.

He was so highly rated by them that he was bought in as a designated player, which basically means MLS teams are permitted to break their salary cap in order to bring them in. He also won best newcomer in his debut season, along with "man of the year", which I assume is the same as player of the season.

I'm happy for him. I've always liked him. He never had a chance of succeeding in that Villa team.

Â