Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

18 hours ago, will87 said:

Probably been mentioned but Oscar, retired from football in 2017 to go and play in China, still only 29. Honestly hadn't given him a second thought since about a week after he left Chelsea, was a good player as well. Now into his 4th season with Shanghai, what a waste of the prime years of his career.

I think he said at the time it was basically down to the money. Back when the Chinese teams were paying mega salaries. 

On 16/01/2021 at 07:06, Keyblade said:

I was so happy when I read his and Huddlestone's names on the team sheet. Knew we had it in the bag (kinda).

The buggers still made us sweat for it though. Those last seven minutes probably took 10 years off my life

• Like 3

On 16/01/2021 at 00:01, will87 said:

Probably been mentioned but Oscar, retired from football in 2017 to go and play in China, still only 29. Honestly hadn't given him a second thought since about a week after he left Chelsea, was a good player as well. Now into his 4th season with Shanghai, what a waste of the prime years of his career.

I kind of respect him for it 😂 bet he’s absolutely minted now! 

18 hours ago, Genie said:

I was thinking about Zamora the other day. Remember when he stopped being shit for about 12 months, got in the England side. Then went back to being shit.

I remember the England side bit but not the stop being shit bit. Abhorrent footballer.

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Callum McManaman one of them players that was linked before to add "passion" to our team, he was crap and think playing in Australia now and isnt even 30

Broke someone’s leg in a horror tackle IIRC and seemed to fade after the negative attention 

On 08/02/2021 at 06:41, It's Your Round said:

Isiah Osborne, now 33 and playing for Nuneaton Borough. His name reminds me of the stories someone used to write on the old 606 forum, him and Salifou were the perennial substitutes. 

The new Vieira based on the fact he was lanky and black. The good old days casual racism.

Oh wait. Just need to get past one page of the Davis thread without a mention of Heskey. 

Â