Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

20 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Funny coincidence. Just read a FourFourTwo article last night on Celtic stopping Rangers from winning 10 in a row and that was the same season. Detached retina playing squash...

Particularly cold of Celtic fans to be openly mocking him in the street because of his injury.

Celtic fans like Rangers fans are a piece of shit so no surprise

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

Funny coincidence. Just read a FourFourTwo article last night on Celtic stopping Rangers from winning 10 in a row and that was the same season. Detached retina playing squash...

Particularly cold of Celtic fans to be openly mocking him in the street because of his injury.

Yeah, I listened to a podcast about that season with Celtic as the main focus, but also the long history behind the rivalry between the two clubs, beginning in the 17th century. Well, the clubs obviously didn't exist by that time, but the background started more or less there and then. it was very interesting.

• Like 1

Gael Kakuta (spelling ?). The Chelsea wonderkid, like josh mceachran. Kakuta has  - so far - been loaned out 10 times and i believe he is on France at the moment. 

Saw him once at VP in a youth game, acting Billy Big B*ll*cks, probably believing he'd already made it. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 16:18, mottaloo said:

Gael Kakuta (spelling ?). The Chelsea wonderkid, like josh mceachran. Kakuta has  - so far - been loaned out 10 times and i believe he is on France at the moment. 

Saw him once at VP in a youth game, acting Billy Big B*ll*cks, probably believing he'd already made it. 

I think he left Chelsea a few years back. But he's now being loaned out by his new team!

• Like 1

Can you help me out with this guy? He played for Scotland (within the last ten years), had a Nigerian name, might have played club football for Watford (?) and Derby (?). Looked alright for Scotland a couple of times but never looked up to much in club football. Who am I thinking of?

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Can you help me out with this guy? He played for Scotland (within the last ten years), had a Nigerian name, might have played club football for Watford (?) and Derby (?). Looked alright for Scotland a couple of times but never looked up to much in club football. Who am I thinking of?

Ikechi Anya.😉

(sorry for the worryingly quick reply as that's what watching Douglas Luiz playing at 1am in the morning does!)

Back to Kakuta. A few years back Rayo Vallecano had a front 3 of him, Franco Di Santo and Bebe so there's 3 contenders for all time premier league useless forwards hall of fame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He had a mad career when you look at it. Started off at Wycombe then went into non league for a bit before he got some trials at Tony Adams football academy in Spain which got him a move to Celta Vigo.

Then Granada picked him up and he became part of Watford's stock. From memory he did pretty well for them when they went up in 2015 but didn't make much impact in premier league.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He had a mad career when you look at it. Started off at Wycombe then went into non league for a bit before he got some trials at Tony Adams football academy in Spain which got him a move to Celta Vigo.

Then Granada picked him up and he became part of Watford's stock. From memory he did pretty well for them when they went up in 2015 but didn't make much impact in premier league.

Glenn Hoddle academy. I wouldnt trust Tony Adams with an academy 😂😂

• Haha 1

Matty James joined Barnsley on loan from Leicester. Wasn't he linked with us a few yeas back

He's wangled a long career out of Leicester, despite being injured an awful lot. 

Â