Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Tiago Ilori. Bloke on loan from Liverpool in the 15/16 car crash season.  Another pointless signing, never played a single first team minute for us! This has happened too often at Villa showing our confused transfer policy has been going on for years.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Tiago Ilori. Bloke on loan from Liverpool in the 15/16 car crash season.  Another pointless signing, never played a single first team minute for us! This has happened too often at Villa showing our confused transfer policy has been going on for years.

Now back at Sporting 

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That was actually a Sherwood signing believe it or not. Knew him from managing Spurs in the under 21 league when he was at Liverpool I think.

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

10 year ago N'zogbia got his one cap for France.

There's an article about it and his time with us in the Athletic.....:ph34r:

pretty sure he only got a cap because the entire team were suspended after striking at the World Cup

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

^Made me remember Hugo Rodagella. If only we'd signed Moses or Valencia from that Wigan team instead.

Valencia and Nzogbia only played together for 5 months at Wigan

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Lewis Grabbon. Saw his name mentioned elsewhere recently, I had completely forgotten about him even though it was only a couple of years ago. 

Another 20 goals for him this year. The guy has a ridiculously good reckon in the Championship to be fair to him.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Always thought Paul Scharner was a decent player from that Wigan era.

Wigan were a proper decent team. Palacios, Figueroa, Melchiot and Koumas as well. 

Remember Zaki, the Egyptian striker?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wigan were a proper decent team. Palacios, Figueroa, Melchiot and Koumas as well. 

Remember Zaki, the Egyptian striker?

They had a good scouting system in those times. Most of those signed when Bruce was manager yet he came here and 90% of his signings were domestic ones like Hogan and Lansbury.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They had a good scouting system in those times. Most of those signed when Bruce was manager yet he came here and 90% of his signings were domestic ones like Hogan and Lansbury.

I think Bruce had an agent helping him at Wigan finding these players, sure he signed 3 or 4 Honduras players. To Bruce Honduras is a type of pizza

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/08/2020 at 19:23, villa_shere said:

Ben Yedder? Had a great game against Yoonited in europa league few years ago hasn’t kicked on since 

Unsure how you're quantifying not having kicked on, he got a big money move to Monaco after scoring for fun in La Liga the season after that game and I believe he was tied with Mbappé for top-goalscorer this season before shutdown.

• Like 1

Â