Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Richard Stearman just came on for Huddersfield. Watching the Championship regularly delivers these ‘how the **** is he still playing?*’ and ‘I’m such a nerd for actually remembering this guy’ moments. 

*Had to check. The fecker is actually three months younger than me. FML. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Who was that Colombian guy we were linked with for quite a bit under I think O’Leary and he had a trial with us or something??

Also, Joey Gudjonsson. Now managing in Iceland. 

We wanted to bring Mario Yepes along with Angel but it didn't quite happen. Was still playing in Serie A and World cup at nearly 40 so would've been big hit here although we probably wouldn't have signed Mellberg who came in following summer.

11 hours ago, Spoony said:

Who was that Colombian guy we were linked with for quite a bit under I think O’Leary and he had a trial with us or something??

Midfielder was he? Didn't we have him on trial but Doug wouldn't sanction a loan fee or a very nominal fee or something?

I don't think he went on to do anything in the game as I cannot remotely recall his name.

23 hours ago, Spoony said:

Grisales.

I remember signing him on CM after the link. He was crap. 

His career has been underwhelming 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Grisales.

I remember signing him on CM after the link. He was crap. 

His career has been underwhelming 

Pretty sure he said the players were shit after his trial and had a go at O'Leary though last part is understandable

On 15/03/2021 at 21:22, Zatman said:

Pretty sure he said the players were shit after his trial and had a go at O'Leary though last part is understandable

As Rodders said, it was freddy grisales, had a trial on the recommendation of JPA

Afterwards he said we were the worst team he ever trained with 

We also had talal ben haim on trial and o'Leary said he wasnt up to it 

The St Etienne vs Monaco squads tonight have a collection of random ex Premier League players Debuchy, Fabregas, Jovetic, Khazri and Vito Mannone. Also the Moukoudi guy who we tried to sign in the Championship

• Like 3

19 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Donny Van der Beek.  Not having much fun sitting on the bench at Man Utd is he? 

I'd take him here! Jesse Lingard has demonstrated that good players don't automatically become bad players just by sitting on the bench for Manchester United.

Â