2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

There are alternative means to achieve top 4 status...surprise people and do it by guile, graft and luck. We are close to being a side that can pull that off....

There really aren't and we are nowhere near.

Bookmarking this for a later date ; )

There's always going to be some interest for Villa. This article just smacks of a story to sell papers.

Does it? I think if they wanted to make something up just to sell papers then they'd do a story on one of the top four, maybe even a top ten team, but us? Just to sell papers? I'm not so sure.

Not that I think there's much truth in the rumours, though I am curious as to why we've decided to spend so much. I think I'm right in saying that if the reports are true that we're still after three more players, maybe even four, then we will have spent more money than we've accumulated through sales. Has Randy had a change of heart or is there something else going on we don't know about?

I don't think Randy is involved anymore. Plus I also doubt Sherwood would have stayed in the job it it meant no money to spend. Doesn't come across as a yes man like the previous two managers.

Its just come to me now. Of, course its obvious, we're not buying or loaning Adebayor, he's heading the new super consortium along with Berbatov. Thats why the delay in his 'signing'.

There's always going to be some interest for Villa. This article just smacks of a story to sell papers.

Does it? I think if they wanted to make something up just to sell papers then they'd do a story on one of the top four, maybe even a top ten team, but us? Just to sell papers? I'm not so sure.

Not that I think there's much truth in the rumours, though I am curious as to why we've decided to spend so much. I think I'm right in saying that if the reports are true that we're still after three more players, maybe even four, then we will have spent more money than we've accumulated through sales. Has Randy had a change of heart or is there something else going on we don't know about?

I don't think Randy is involved anymore. Plus I also doubt Sherwood would have stayed in the job it it meant no money to spend. Doesn't come across as a yes man like the previous two managers.

I don't think its any more complicated than we finally have the wage bill under control, we have circa £45m of player sales money to spend plus whatever was set aside for player acquisitions, RL needs and wants to run this club as a self financing entity regardless of whether he sells or not. Clearly if he can and we remain in the PL we are a much more attractive takeover target so it's a win win.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Its just come to me now. Of, course its obvious, we're not buying or loaning Adebayor, he's heading the new super consortium along with Berbatov. Thats why the delay in his 'signing'.

Yes company's called Berbabayor ltd.

Edited by dounavilla

Yes company's called Berbabayor ltd.

They made their fortune selling berbere spice as a side-business. Where my injera?!

If that is true it just shows what an absolute bargain we are, for a very small price in terms of other teams you are getting a decent stadium with room for improvement and a state of the art training ground. We could easily get 45 to 50k with some consistent success.

I don't understand those number except the article says it uses a formula based on income, assets and profitability to assess worth.

Well it has to be the profitability part that lowers us and makes someone like Southampton worth so much more.....

It's an odd one. Firstly there's the argument that any club is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay, but failing that, if there's is some kind of formula to their calculations then surely our 'worth' would see us placed higher than Norwich and West Brom. Just being a Premier League ever present would surely have seen to that, right?

Then there's the infrastructure of the club, plus the fanbase and sponsorship deals which are far in excess of many other clubs above us in that table.

• Like 1

Swansea, West Brom, Southampton, Stoke and Norwich all worth more? Can understand Crystal Palace and West Ham being that they are London based. Very strange. What makes Southamptom worth more than say Newcastle?

Â