The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

32 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Pfft.  Not for me.  I hold him fully responsible for where we are now - he broke the team.  And because of that QPR are now a direct rival.  Hope he has a 10 game losing streak.

I would say it was 80% lerner and the clowns he appointed and 20% sherwood. He was hopeless manager but the club was a mess and you have to hold that bafoon lerner and fox responsible for that 

56 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Pfft.  Not for me.  I hold him fully responsible for where we are now - he broke the team.  And because of that QPR are now a direct rival.  Hope he has a 10 game losing streak.

Really?  So nothing at all to do with Lerner, Fox, Almstadt and Reilly

• Like 1

I think I agree @Demitri_C.  At the time I gave the 'credit' for our signings to Sherwood because he said they were his.  I laughed and mocked when he then said they weren't his.  But on the balance of probability I think it's much more likely that picking relative obscurities like Amavi & Veretout from France was the work of Riley and Almstadt et al.  Rather than Tactical Timothy whose knowledge probably doesn't stretch much past the English Sarf Coast.

Where he IS responsible is in how he failed to use the players or downright mistreated them (e.g. blanking Veretout).  That shows a lack of character and a serious flaw for a manager.  He was also tactically useless. But with hindsight and looking back at it all now I'd say he was about 1/4 to blame for what happened us last season.

I still quite like the cheeky chappy though.  I'm just glad he's not here anymore!

• Like 2

I hold Lerner and Fox responsible for appointing Sherwood in the first place. I was never happy that they were appointing a manager who had never managed a team through a transfer window to oversee a total squad rebuild. That was just plain crazy, especially when the rebuild was being funded by selling our best two players at the time. I know he wasn't 100% behind the signings, but he should have been stamping his authority on what type of player he needed, and I believe we ended up short of goals up front in our team and an unbalanced squad generally.

I do think that Sherwood may do Ok at championship level, it is where he should have started his managerial career. We were too big a job for his first go at management. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think I agree @Demitri_C.  At the time I gave the 'credit' for our signings to Sherwood because he said they were his.  I laughed and mocked when he then said they weren't his.  But on the balance of probability I think it's much more likely that picking relative obscurities like Amavi & Veretout from France was the work of Riley and Almstadt et al.  Rather than Tactical Timothy whose knowledge probably doesn't stretch much past the English Sarf Coast.

Where he IS responsible is in how he failed to use the players or downright mistreated them (e.g. blanking Veretout).  That shows a lack of character and a serious flaw for a manager.  He was also tactically useless. But with hindsight and looking back at it all now I'd say he was about 1/4 to blame for what happened us last season.

I still quite like the cheeky chappy though.  I'm just glad he's not here anymore!

Cant argue you with any of that BOF. I dont know why but I do like him, I liked his cocky nature but just couldn't back it up. I have no doubt he was thrilled to be here and loved his passion. But as a manager he was hopeless. i hope he can turn it around as i have no ill feelings towards him unlike O'Neill

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't mind cocky, cocky is fine if you can back it up which is why I like Jose but cocky when you can't? No chance, it makes people look a tit and that is exactly what Sherwood is.

I get that and I agree that he's a tit.  He's not an unlikeable tit though :)

• Like 1

I actually think he'll do better than Lambert at this level with his win or bust football.

QPR is a difficult job though.....they are still demanding premier league football down there even though they were a complete waste of time on their last two visits to the prem.

They still have a lot of highly paid players there. And Karl Henry still starts for them..

Will be different to his previous jobs...I think this season is all about shaping the squad to his needs and then next season will be when to judge.

Just now, Designer1 said:

He is to me.

A hugely unlikable, delusional man-child with zero idea of how to be a football manager other than spewing rabble rousing cockerney gibberish, and then throwing his toys out of the pram at the first sight of it going wrong.

I hope he doesn't win a single game at QPR and then disappears forever from the game.

Did I mention I also appreciate a good rant :D:thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I hold Lerner and Fox responsible for appointing Sherwood in the first place. I was never happy that they were appointing a manager who had never managed a team through a transfer window to oversee a total squad rebuild. That was just plain crazy, especially when the rebuild was being funded by selling our best two players at the time. I know he wasn't 100% behind the signings, but he should have been stamping his authority on what type of player he needed, and I believe we ended up short of goals up front in our team and an unbalanced squad generally.

I do think that Sherwood may do Ok at championship level, it is where he should have started his managerial career. We were too big a job for his first go at management. 

Jesus those were dark days. What a total bunch of clowns the guys running our club were then.

Dr Tony made a mistake with RDM - and swiftly corrected it. Sensible decision making so absent under lerner/fox et all...

29 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

He is to me.

A hugely unlikable, delusional man-child with zero idea of how to be a football manager other than spewing rabble rousing cockerney gibberish, and then throwing his toys out of the pram at the first sight of it going wrong.

I hope he doesn't win a single game at QPR and then disappears forever from the game.

Word.

He is a **** knob. From that first memorable post match interview against Chelsea when he threw his Spurs players under the bus I knew he was a knob. 

I am just ashamed of myself, ashamed I bought into his bluster. Got hyped by his bullshit, that I was practically sucking him off. Never again.

The fascade during the transfer window he put on to make everything seem rosy, all these players were his and highly rated. Just why? Did he not want to lose face?

Why did he make me believe if it was all bullshit? Why get me excited? Why Tim? Why?!

a***hole.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rubberman said:

QPR were our direct rivals way before Tim turned up :angry:

Â